WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Anyone know this Chopard?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Heinz 
#1 ·
I saw this new watch my mate is wearing, never seen before and did a search on it, anyone know anything about this? is it a fake?

Cheers,

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
#2 ·
Hadn't seen it before, but if you google 'chopard 1880' you'll find some (with various dials including this one, but all with LUC 4.96, center seconds and date at 6). I don't think a fake would provide exhibition caseback with the gold micro rotor, or provide hallmarks on lug backs. Looks legit to me. The LUCs are exceptional movements.

#3 ·
The face picture does not show much detail. The back does suggest it's authentic. Chopard Luc 161880-1002 with Luc 4.96 movement. Movement looks right with good looking micro-rotor.
The face should have some depth and detail, but hard to see from angle of the picture. I'd guess it's a real one.

A better question though, if this belongs to your "mate", why not ask him? Do you know your friends - would he wear a fake? can he afford the real one?
Never understood the desire to "implicate" a friend in having a fake. This can be answered with a simple question to the friend himself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.