Anyone know Delma watches?

Thread: Anyone know Delma watches?

Anyone know Delma watches?

Hi everyone.
    Im looking to buy a new watch and my price range is around $1000 (Im buying in Norway).

I had my eyes on the Tissot T-Lord Chrono with leather strap, but the guy in the store adviced me against it, saying if I wanted a mechanical movement I should spend at least around $1500

I later saw a Delma (Klondike Chrono) watch that is quite similar, but I have never heard of them and cant find any posts about them.
    (The shop also sells IWC and other qulity brands, so I guess they are OK)

After reading this forum I realized alot of brands use the same movements, and I tink thats the case with the Tissot and this Delma.

Now Im not sure what to get, and Im trying to get some info on Delma.

PS Im also considering a Raymond Weil Tango sport (I realize its not mechanical)

stuffler,mike

Re: Anyone know Delma watches?

Well, they exhibited at Baselworld 2006 (and before). Not a brand Id rate as a top brand. Nothing very unique, kinda mainstream brand in the lower mid price segment. Their mechanical watches are equipped with ETA movements.
    Info regarding News / History / Models: www.delma.ch

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike
    Well, they exhibited at Baselworld 2006 (and before). Not a brand Id rate as a top brand. Nothing very unique, kinda mainstream brand in the lower mid price segment. Their mechanical watches are equipped with ETA movements.
    Info regarding News / History / Models: www.delma.ch

Thanks Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yoak
    [...]
    I had my eyes on the Tissot T-Lord Chrono with leather strap, but the guy in the store adviced me against it, saying if I wanted a mechanical movement I should spend at least around $1500

I later saw a Delma (Klondike Chrono) watch that is quite similar, but I have never heard of them and cant find any posts about them.
    (The shop also sells IWC and other qulity brands, so I guess they are OK)

After reading this forum I realized alot of brands use the same movements, and I tink thats the case with the Tissot and this Delma.

Now Im not sure what to get,[...]
    You're right about the movements, on Delma's website it looks like the Klondike uses the same VJ7750 like the Tissot, even if Delma does not mention it specifically.

In your $1000 price range are some nice chronos including this Tissot. I'd recommend: What about going back to your original idea about the T-Lord? I assume yo were thinking about the ref. T54.1.427.52 as pictured below? Nice watch, i like it, Tissot is also a name that's more "recognized" than Delma.

Delma: i actually never knew that brand existed until i read your post and googled for them... - i do not like the hour hand on that Klondike chrono.

You do not need to spend that at least around $1500 amount stated by the shop assistant for a nice mechanical chrono. That shop assistant is probably just a good salesperson (from the shop owner's point of view) if he convinced you not to buy the Tissot or even spend more than planned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for your input. I have to agree, Im not too keen on that big arrow either. Ill let you know what I do in the end.

Just a quick update, I followed your advice and went for the Tissot. I think its a beautifull watch and its within my budget.
    Very happy

Thread Information