Anyone know a good online store to buy watches
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Anyone know a good online store to buy watches

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anyone know a good online store to buy watches

Iím thinking of buying a speedmaster man on the moon watch or a Panerai base logo. The prices online are lower at some of the online stores Iíve been to. At the AD Iíd have to pay full retail and in return get I donít know, piece of mind, free water or soda? If something does go wrong with the watch I guess it would be easier to deal with the AD, if something goes wrong. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Re: Anyone know a good online store to buy watches

Many online stores are "gray market" meaning they are legitimate stores with genuine new watches, they aren't authorized dealers, so you don't get the manufacturer's warranty. Instead, many GM dealers offer their own in-house warranty. Experiences of most WUS members who've had to deal with a GM warranty claim have not been good. That said, it's rare you will require a warranty claim on a new watch. It's the risk you take purchasing GM. You can get discounts from AD's, even brick and mortar ones. You simply need to ask. My higher end watches have all been purchased from an AD and I got a discount for all of them.

I have bought several watches online but I always balance best price with condition of watch (mint) and reputation of online dealer. Chrono24 is a great place to start as is a search on Google shopping.

Watchrecon will give you a good sense of private party pricing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I went to an Omega dealer and they said they’d give me the speedy for $4,900 including tax. It’s retail price is $5,350, so in CA tax on $5350 is roughly $481 making the total $5831.50 so $4,900 is about a thousand dollars off and not a bad discount but I’ve seen the watch on sale brand new for $4095.00 on authentic watches and after tax it would be $4463.95. So I could save an additional $500 getting it on authentic watches and still get the big pretty box with the loop and the nato strap and the paper weight. So is getting it at the AD worth $500?

I went to an Omega dealer and they said theyíd give me the speedy for $4,900 including tax. Itís retail price is $5,350, so in CA tax on $5350 is roughly $481 making the total $5831.50 so $4,900 is about a thousand dollars off and not a bad discount but Iíve seen the watch on sale brand new for $4095.00 on authentic watches and after tax it would be $4463.95. So I could save an additional $500 getting it on authentic watches and still get the big pretty box with the loop and the nato strap and the paper weight. So is getting it at the AD worth $500?

Why did that post twice?

The question is thus, is paying roughly 10% less worth it to you not having any warranty? That is something that is dependent on your own financial situation and your level of risk adversity. Difficult for other people to answer for you.

Personally I would get it from your AD. Added benefit is that you would begin building up a relationship with your AD. That will be helpful if you ever want to try or purchase other watches from them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Well supposedly authentic watches has a six year warranty but I don’t know if I trust that, you’re right about building a relationship though, I got my new Submariner in less than 2 weeks cause I’m in good with the guy who runs the Rolex place I got my watch at.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsub View Post
    Why did that post twice?
    The glitch is called ďdouble postĒ or dp for short around these parts.

Helps you get post counts
    lo_scrivano likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsub View Post
    Well supposedly authentic watches has a six year warranty but I donít know if I trust that, youíre right about building a relationship though, I got my new Submariner in less than 2 weeks cause Iím in good with the guy who runs the Rolex place I got my watch at.
    I would almost always buy from an AD for that piece of mind. I was able to buy an Omega Speedmaster professional at a very good price from an AD after flexing my Rolex at them to show them I was a watch enthusiast and a serious buyer.

Buying off the internet has its pitfalls and you can do a Google search to see if people have good or bad things to say about the vendor, e.g. authentic watches. However, I donít think they were rated highly by reviewers and a quick check (just now) on Trust Pilot shows them to be a bit of a hit and miss.

Thereís also a thread here in WUS if you bother to use the search function. This question has been asked before many times and by different people.
    rcsub likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information