Anyone seen this limited Rolex
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Anyone seen this limited Rolex

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Anyone seen this limited Rolex

Rolex, being the ultimate in luxury watches and the premier watch maker identified and recognised the long standing service which the Sea King helicopter had within the British Military. In service since 1969, 179 purchased throughout the life, serving in every major conflict in a multitude of marks the Sea King helicopter truly has been a corner stone to British military aviation.

Rolex recognised this fact and along with my help have agreed to manufacture a special edition GMT Master 2 watch with the back engraved specially with a Mk 1 Sea King stating Since 1969. This watch has its heritage steeped in aviation history, designed for pilots in the 1960s and used throughout the Concorde program; it, similar to the Sea King is a piece of Aviation history. With the aircraft imminently going out of service this is a piece of history, there will only be 179, individually numbered pieces produced, signifying the number of Sea King helicopters actually purchased. You can also have your initials or first aircraft side number engraved. They will also only be available to serving or ex-serving members of the Armed Forces who have had a connection with the aircraft. The watch is available in Stainless steel with a black face and black dial. Each will come with a certificate from Rolex stating this is an official piece of only 179 and stating all other owners of the piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Anyone seen this limited Rolex

Very nice.....As an Ex-Helicopter Pilot...I wish you the best of luck...Wish I had something like that
    with the "Huey".....
    Last edited by little big feather; October 19th, 2013 at 16:55.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

That's pretty cool that such a high volume company is making such a limited edition and reserving them for people who actually deserve it.
    RonaldVC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post
    That's pretty cool that such a high volume company is making such a limited edition and reserving them for people who actually deserve it.
    I don't believe that Rolex is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cedargrove View Post
    I don't believe that Rolex is involved.
    Thinking it's just aftermarket/customized casebacks?

Quote Originally Posted by dspaulson View Post
    Direct from Rolex with a certificate of authenticity, it was about a year in negotiation, aparently the actual number 1, this is just a sample, is done in 18K, so will be only one piece in existance.

I don't think so!!!

We know Rolex is involved when they give the first one to Wills in return for the photo shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by dspaulson View Post
    Yup. I'm sure Rolex wouldn't have a problem with someone doing this independently, as Rolex seems to support personal caseback engravings, however I just can't imagine they'd be doing his themselves.

I have today,been in touch with the old bond street rolex store,and you can rest assured that your sceptisism is unfounded. 123 of these limited edition watches are in production and to date,3 are with their new owners. To all of you who took "the gamble", i salute you.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information