Anyone spent more on their watch than their house?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone spent more on their watch than their house?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Anyone spent more on their watch than their house?

I am quite new to the watch world and even newer to WUS. I am surprised with myself that it hasn't taken very long and I am already considering spending more on a watch then I spent on my current vehicle (that's not saying that much but it was a shocking revelation).

So it got me to thinking, is there anyone on WUS that has spent more on a watch then they spent on their current house? Failing that, is there anyone who has spent more on a watch than they did for their first house or something of that nature?

Banned

Re: Anyone spent more on their watch than their house?

I guess that depends on what neighborhood you live in.

the thing about participating in this hobby is that the slope can get very steep very quickly~to answer your query i doudt anybody here will fess up to this

welcome to wus
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm ashamed to admit it but I did. I'm an Alpha dog but I choose to wear Omega! My house (that I have to sometimes share with my master) was 300 bucks!

Name:  doghouse.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  59.8 KB

Spike(MJK's watch dog)

Quote Originally Posted by novedl View Post
    the thing about participating in this hobby is that the slope can get very steep very quickly~to answer your query i doudt anybody here will fess up to this

welcome to wus
    +1

I have a feeling that the folks with the ability to purchase $100K+ timepieces aren't living in your typical 2bd/2bath homes. Though I suspect that some individuals have collections valued higher than their homes (especially in this market).

Quote Originally Posted by leamico View Post
    I am quite new to the watch world and even newer to WUS. I am surprised with myself that it hasn't taken very long and I am already considering spending more on a watch then I spent on my current vehicle (that's not saying that much but it was a shocking revelation).

So it got me to thinking, is there anyone on WUS that has spent more on a watch then they spent on their current house? Failing that, is there anyone who has spent more on a watch than they did for their first house or something of that nature?
    Have you priced watches, houses and cars recently?? And do you have a budget? In order to maintain some semblance of order in their finances most jewelery owners prioritize the purchase of necessities and luxuries. Would you think that the owner of a $60k condo would buy a $1m watch?

Nope, but I just finished visiting my inlaws. They live near a really depressed area. You can buy decent homes all day long for under $5K. There are no jobs and unemployment is probably around 50%. Really beautiful restored turn of the century mansions (the town was built at the turn of the century on Riverboat gambling) go for a bit over $10K.

Makes me feel really fortunate for what I have and wonder how the heck to turn around this type of situation...

There are $100,000 watches, and I know of someone who purchased one. So it's possible to pay more for a watch than your home.

However, I'm thinking that someone who can afford a $100,000 watch is going to be able to afford a mansion that costs at least a couple of million dollars. So even then, they would not have paid more for their watch than their house.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    There are $100,000 watches, and I know of someone who purchased one. So it's possible to pay more for a watch than your home.

However, I'm thinking that someone who can afford a $100,000 watch is going to be able to afford a mansion that costs at least a couple of million dollars. So even then, they would not have paid more for their watch than their house.
    And they may flip it before it's ever fully paid.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information