Anyone use boxes other than watch cases to store their watches, lets see!!

Thread: Anyone use boxes other than watch cases to store their watches, lets see!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone use boxes other than watch cases to store their watches, lets see!!

I'm looking for a way to store my watches, I've only got 6 so far and I've promised my self and my wife that I'll keep it under control. For storage does everyone use the commercially available watch boxes or do some of you guys have inventive storage solutions using other boxes, I was thinking of a decent good quality wooden wine or scotch box modified with padding etc. Anyone have any ideas? Pics?

Re: Anyone use boxes other than watch cases to store their watches, lets see!!

I have a locking fireproof box that was designed for document storage. I drilled four holes in the bottom and screwed it into a closet shelf so it would be tough for a burglar in a hurry. This is where I put my everyday rotation watches along with my everyday carry pistols. More valuable stuff is kept in larger safes.

I have seen some really nice Pelican cases converted for watch storage. A search here will show you some results. It's my next project. I am going to use a 1495 case.
    We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night
    US novelist (1922-2007)

Unless otherwise noted, the graphic images, pictures, artwork, layout, and text contained in this post is the exclusive property of the author, or used with permission and may not be copied or distributed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Recht. Furthermore, the author reserves the exclusive right to edit, modify, add, or delete any part or portion of the post at any time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For about a hundred dollars, shopnbc.com has some nice watch boxes.

I am going to pick one up next time I get another watch.

This one keeps your autos winded
    Last edited by G.A.R.Y; March 27th, 2010 at 00:19.
    Gary
    Enjoy The Company Of Armitron to Casio to to Elgin to Invicta, to Seiko to Rolex to Waltham & More

I use a 20 watch box I picked up off of Amazon...

I picked up an aluminum tool case with pick and pull foam at Lowes for about $25. The flap on the top clips off and turns around with slots that are great for holding extra straps.

Pick out the foam to customize to the number of watches you want to hold. I used the foam insulation for covering pipes cut into the correct size strips for pillows.

Last edited by DoctorC; March 27th, 2010 at 07:33.
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorC View Post
    I picked up an aluminum tool case with pick and pull foam at Lowes for about $25. The flap on the top clips off and turns around with slots that are great for holding extra straps.

Pick out the foam to customize to the number of watches you want to hold. I used the foam insulation for covering pipes cut into the correct size strips for pillows.

Awesome. This is exactly the kind of thing I want... Nice job, Doc, and in a fine innovative tradition

DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

so... many... watches *drool*

I also have a roll-able tool pouch that hold those not in rotation, needing repair etc.
    It has a cloth flap on top and bottom that fold up over the watches and then the whole thing rolls up and secures with a strap.
    This is a not so great pic taken last year at the Denver GTG
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

I've got an antique wooden thread case for my watches. I know, worthless w/o pics, sorry. It's a nice case, wooden drawers with glass fronts. I need to put some fabric in them though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information