anyone watching any of Invicta week on snbc?

Thread: anyone watching any of Invicta week on snbc?

Some of the watches they are coming out with are fricggin a huge. I don't mind a watch wit hsome size but they had one last night 20mm thick!!, I think 58mm diam. Litterally a wall clock. Yikes.

Not meant to be a flame thread on Invicta-just how big a lot of there watches are blows me away. I would fall over if Iwore one of those on my wrist.
    "If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater the effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders--what would you tell him to do?"

"I … don't know. What … could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."

Watching (no pun intended! ) on another tab ... these folks drone on and on endlessly, and say absolutely NOTHING! What a tiring job ... I couldn't do it. Power to 'em.

Why do I have "J174400" stuck in my head??

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Re: anyone watching any of Invicta week on snbc?

Quote Originally Posted by brietlingman View Post
    ... these folks drone on and on endlessly, and say absolutely NOTHING! What a tiring job ... I couldn't do it. Power to 'em.
    No kidding!!! I can't stand to watch the morons, they just make me want to sit in the corner gouging my eyes out with wooden spoons. So long answer short, NO! Besides that, they never offer the Invictas worth owning, so I don't bother anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always catch the latenight shows, but seeing as this one is on prime-time, there are better things to watch .

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post

and these watchgeeks wonder why people ask about whos watch brand they are wearing when its the first thing people notice...

Than you tell them its a INVICTA...LOL, same one you find for $50 at Cosco.

i just think its hilarious they say they own hundreds and hundreds of invictas personally! and that each and every single one they are currently holding they "love".

Come on guys, no way in hell do you absolutly love the looks of each of those watches, some of them are hideous!

"oh this brown & blue steel diver with the gold accents, and ani-digi dial is amazing!"

sometimes i check to see what is there, but i change the channel after 5 seconds.

I wonder if theyll have a "tour balloon" that oscillates.

Quote Originally Posted by polaco23 View Post
    i just think its hilarious they say they own hundreds and hundreds of invictas personally! and that each and every single one they are currently holding they "love".

Come on guys, no way in hell do you absolutly love the looks of each of those watches, some of them are hideous!

"oh this brown & blue steel diver with the gold accents, and ani-digi dial is amazing!"

sometimes i check to see what is there, but i change the channel after 5 seconds.
    The host really cracks me up. Every watch he just can't believe how incredible it is. Invicta is just the most amazing company to him. He just can't understand how they do it.

I hit on it last night...and they had what was basically an Omega PO homage on there and the host says..."ya know what? you guys should do this in orange"...uh lets have a look at Omega catalog shall we?

Invicta:

Omega

Sell watches all you want I seriously have no problem with that, and I also don;t have a problem taking influence and design cues from brands a lot of people can't afford...but don't sit there and act as if you are reinventing the wheel. The funny thing is the Invicta is a handsome watch [of course it is it was designed by Omega!]...we don't need the over marketing of it.
    Last edited by Craig M; March 12th, 2009 at 15:23.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Thread Information