anyone wear a vintage watch daily
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    398

    anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    does anyone here wear a vintage piece for daily wear?
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Member hydrocarbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    I've worn this plexi GMT every day for weeks straight in the past, and it's a top watch in the rotation. If I travel with one watch, it's usually the choice, too:

    ameyers6, dsbe90, Ottovonn and 1 others like this.

  3. #3
    Member Noam the Newt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong & Scotland
    Posts
    559

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    I used to wear this 1972 watch every day for about six months. Before that, I wore a 1940s military watch as my daily wearer. Then I got a new (modern) watch to replace it. Honestly, wearing vintage is perfectly fine if you consider that they may have worse water resistance and shock protection. Nice watch you've got there though. 1970s too?

    Name:  IMG_3043.JPG
Views: 1603
Size:  167.2 KB
    ameyers6 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    398

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    Quote Originally Posted by Noam the Newt View Post
    I used to wear this 1972 watch every day for about six months. Before that, I wore a 1940s military watch as my daily wearer. Then I got a new (modern) watch to replace it. Honestly, wearing vintage is perfectly fine if you consider that they may have worse water resistance and shock protection. Nice watch you've got there though. 1970s too?

    Name:  IMG_3043.JPG
Views: 1603
Size:  167.2 KB
    my hamilton 1974 the electric 1 it was called

  6. #5
    Member tobitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    620

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    Not daily, but I have three in my rotation.
    Currently this vintage Tissot Seastar:



    Lots of beautiful vintage watches in the WRUW thread of the vintage and pocket watch subforum.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    398

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    Quote Originally Posted by tobitas View Post
    Not daily, but I have three in my rotation.
    Currently this vintage Tissot Seastar:



    Lots of beautiful vintage watches in the WRUW thread of the vintage and pocket watch subforum.
    could you post link?
    love them old hallow end links

  8. #7
    Member tobitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    620

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    Quote Originally Posted by ameyers6 View Post
    could you post link?
    love them old hallow end links
    Vintage & Pocket watches
    Check the monthly WRUW threads.
    ameyers6 likes this.

  9. #8
    Member oman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Below Equator, Indonesia
    Posts
    349

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    I would wear my SD for daily....

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1401190578338.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  50.8 KB

    Sent from my Lenovo using Tapatalk
    ameyers6 and 228523 like this.

  10. #9
    OzO
    OzO is offline
    Member OzO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Upper Pangaea
    Posts
    6,019

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    I've got a vintage Speedmaster Pro as my daily wearer
    ameyers6 and flyinghell34 like this.
    Cheers,
    Mark

    Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    327

    Re: anyone wear a vintage watch daily

    I have 70s Seiko automatic that I wear daily.

    Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk
    ameyers6 likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •