Apple making smart watch
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Apple making smart watch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Off Topic post Apple making smart watch

It's a rumor but I think its probably true considering the IPOD nano watch. I do think we will see in 10-20 years where the smart watch takes over the watch market.Rumor: Apple Building Bluetooth Smart Watch | TechCrunch

According to Chinese gadget news site Tech.163, Apple may be in the process of developing its own smart watch that connects to your Apple devices via Bluetooth. Based on the report, Intel will be working with Apple to create the smart watch, with a 1.5-inch PMOLED display made by RiTDisplays with ITO-coated glass.
    Apple has long had a small hold in the watch market thanks to its iPod nano, which is easily attached to a wrist band turning it into a full functioning watch.
    Recently, however, smart watches have grown increasingly popular. Sony, for instance, has a new offering called the Smart Watch, and we can’t forget how Pebble blew up Kickstarter with it’s e-paper Smart Watch that connects to iOS and Android devices.
    Users are looking for more and more connectivity, and as it stands now, an iPod nano with no Bluetooth connection to a user’s phone or tablet is becoming less attractive.
    Throughout the past year, there have been many questions over when and if Apple will join the Smart Watch race. Today marks one of the first semi-substantiated leaks.
    However, I’m approaching this with a hefty helping of salt. Even if Apple is making a watch, it will be quite a while before we see any real evidence of it. Plus, there’s no proven market for smart watches yet, even with the success of Pebble and MetaWatch.
    According to the source, Apple will launch this smart watch later next year.
    Whether or not that’s true, this will likely excite multitudes of geeks who clearly see value in such a device, as proven by Pebble and others.
    It won’t be revolutionary, per se — many have already entered the smart watch space — but Apple has a knack for making niche devices mainstream. Just take a look at tablets. Before the iPad, the main question on everyone’s mind was whether or not tablet’s would be used in everyday life.
    If this rumor proves true, Apple is probably doing the same thing it did with tablets to the idea of the watch. Low-power Bluetooth 4.0 makes wearable connected tech more practical, and with Apple’s design touch and software ecosystem, a smart watch could appeal to more than just gadget geeks.
    Rolex OysterQuartz Collection: Rolex DJ OysterQuartz White Roman Dial SS (17000), Rolex DJ OQ White Buckley Jubilee (17014)
    'The OysterQuartz is a True Timeless Masterpiece!'
    Other Watches: Cartier Tank Solo SS, Rado R5.5 White Jubilee, JLC Reverso Squadra White Articulating Rubber Bracelet

"Guard your time before it runs out."

Re: Apple making smart watch

I wonder if it will be open for modding!

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Banned

Only if the movement and complications are purely mechanic!
    s.erickson87 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There will be a market for these "smart watches," but I think they'll compete directly with other digital watches. Or likely end up catering to a niche market that appreciates Smart Phone to watch interactivity.

Therefore, the demand for classic mechanical watches will most likely endure for years to come.
    ken_sturrock and DragonDan like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

I think it's a cool idea. It would never replace my traditional watches but I'd wear it hear and there. I received a Nike+ sport watch for Christmas and it's pretty slick and I like the way it displays time.
    leongkc likes this.

I believe it may another of their product that will change the world.
    Less than an decade ago, Nokia rules the mobile phone market with symbian. Nowadays its either iOS or Android.
    It may not affect the existing wis. But the number of newcomers will definitely reduce.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
    I like my money right where I can see it: strapped to my wrist.

I think the key to this being successful is the interaction with the iPhone, Specifically the availability of Siri on the watch. Imagine, if you will, the ability to talk to your watch to access the web, and get answers, on the watch. That is some real star trek stuff right there. We live in an exciting time! Not only do we get to enjoy the classic engineering of mechanical watches, we also get techy greatness!
    RBrylawski likes this.

For all that didn't check yet, google Pebble watch. It's (I belive) most successful Kickstarter project. I had it on preorder but droped out as I can't stand digital watches. Looks cool though.
    Last edited by jopex; December 27th, 2012 at 18:01.
    Cheers,
    Josip

Slightly off topic here, but for a while i've been wondering if this is possible.

Take a photo of your actual watch and convert it to an animated desktop clock.

Been thinking of an actual moving clock based on my Planet Ocean.

I think that would be mega cool.

If anyone knows of a website or program that can do this,give uz a shout.
    Last edited by Silvertouran; December 27th, 2012 at 18:32.

The wallpaper on the desktop could be your favourite mechanical. All of a sudden nearly everyone would be walking around with Rolex Sub's on their wrist.

Oh wait........
    Current Collection
    Patek Philippe – World Time Chronograph – 5930G-001
    Patek Philippe – Annual Calendar 5135G
    Patek Philippe – Aquanaut – 5167a-001
    Patek Philippe – Calatrava – 5196P
    A Lange & Sohne – Datograph
    Breguet – La Tradition - 7037BB/11/9V6
    Breguet – Type XXI Transatlantique Flyback
    Audemars Piguet – Royal Oak -15300
    Jaeger LeCoultre – Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface
    Breitling – Navitimer 46
    Breitling – Transocean Chronograph B01 Ltd Edition
    Rolex – Submariner No Date - 114060
    Zenith – El Primero – 30.0240.410
    Panerai – Luminor PAM 241
    IWC – Portuguese Chronograph
    Omega – Speedmaster (Sapphire Sandwich)
    Omega – Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 43
    Omega – Seamaster Planet Ocean
    Longines – Column Wheel Single Push-Piece Chronograph 180th Anniversary Ltd Edition
    Longines – Master Retrograde Seconds
    Tudor – Heritage Black Bay 79220R Leather
    Meistersinger – Salthora Jumping Hours - SH908
    Tag Heuer – Monaco Calibre 11
    Tag Heuer – Aquaracer Two Tone Quartz

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information