WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which one is better for value and versatility?

Aqua terra Gauss VS rlx explorer 1 214270

8K views 72 replies 50 participants last post by  DustinS 
#1 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Same price for me, different caliber, different brand

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm not a fan of the Bumblebee hands. Given that the new Aqua Terra Master Co-Axials have the same anti-magnetic functionality as the >15K Gauss, I would pick those if you prefer the anti-magnetic co-axial movements.

#9 · (Edited)
I chose this explorer I 39mm and aquaterra gauss (think also about Zenith el primero with coloured subdials)..I think about the brand rolex because it is rolex with their inhouse calibers. But on the other hand the AT looks like more sporty and calibers 8508 is great also...other reasons for choosing R or O?

#13 ·
Explorer I is a classic, but its getting a bit old IMO, I didnt feel the urge to buy one when I tried it, I feel they need to re-vitalize it a bit. Also the 39mm doesnt seem as well proportioned.

I highly recommend the Master Co-axial over the Anti-magnetic, the color schemes and dials look fantastic on the Master co-ax and its 15k G as well.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brand

#14 ·
I own the Rolex. I own two Omegas. Neither are an AT. So . . .

#16 ·
I voted for the Rolex. I like them both (have both), but the yellow on the Omega kills the deal for me. Otherwise, I'd consider it a wash.

Reactions: tigerpac
#18 ·
i would pick the AT if it wasn't *that* one. Either the teak grey, black, blue, or opaline would look more cohesive than the bumblebee, and I would pick over the Explorer. There are other Rolexes that have all applied batons as well, which competes more in line with the AT.

Reactions: anaplian
#20 ·
I bought the standard silver dial AT and it was ok. This one is cooler with the yellow accents. However, I am not a fan of the hour or minute hands on the AT. I ended up going with the explorer 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.