Aquaracer auto, AT quartz or SMP quartz?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Aquaracer auto, AT quartz or SMP quartz?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aquaracer auto, AT quartz or SMP quartz?

Currently narrowing down my options for my first watch. Ideally I would like a Speedmaster Pro but realistically its abit out of my price range and i'm a also a student (going out alot and very active) so its probably better I get something I wouldn't be devastated about getting scratches etc. For now I think its a good idea to get a good daily beater that will fit nicely into my collection when I eventually get the Speedmaster Pro. Really like the idea of an auto but feel I could wait it out for another year or so if I need to. I like the Tag auto Aquaracer wab2010 which is available used for around $900, the Seamaster Professional 300m quartz (black or blue) for around $1100 used, and the Aqua Terra quartz for around $1000 used. Alternatively, I could save up a bit and get the 2254.50 Seamaster Auto or...... become a hermit and get the Speedmaster Pro. Thanks in advance for your vote any other options also very welcome

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...psd87a83ba.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps580a21f4.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_0088.jpg

Re: Aquaracer auto, AT quartz or SMP quartz?

Save.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

None of those really turn me on except for the SMP, which I used to own, it's a great watch. Have you also considered something cheaper like a Seiko skx007 and then having more $ towards getting a Speedy? Just a thought, otherwise I've always loved that Seamaster.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Out of the three I would go AT.
    Matt

thanks for the replies. Toothbras I had thought of that ye and its definitely an option, but as it stands I haven't found anything that really stands out. My logic is that I would prefer to get something now that I really like and would fit in nicely to a collection as a go-to daily watch. The seiko is nice but these others would be something that I think I would enjoy wearing more untill and whilst I own the Speedy, even if it means ill have to save longer to afford it. Another option would be to get a dressier watch that I could wear daily and would fit nicely into my collection of the future. Just narrowing down options at the moment and seeing what people think from experience.

I say get the Tag for now - it is the cheapest of the three, looks good, is durable, and at least it has an automatic movement - and save up for the Speedmaster, since that is what you really want.

WAB Aquaracer:
    it's really quite flat and bland in real life and doesn't look as good as the flat plan view of it sometimes does.

Quartz:
    you'll likely wish you had gotten an automatic so question yourself if you really want to get a quartz model just because it is more affordable or if that is actually what you want.
    Of the ones you mention by name, the Aqua Terra is the one that would do the best job of being your only watch (if that is what it will be) and as I suggested before, you might want to save for that automatic model. Then again, you said those magic four numbers too; 2254. I'm not that big a fan of the Seamaster Professional but the fat markers and sword hands of the 2254 is the exception that proves that rule.
    Speedmaster does nothing for me.

If I were faced with choice of a 2500AT either blue dial or blue hands (this in itself is a conundrum) and a 2254, I would hope the proverbial coin toss lands on its edge.
    willa0509 likes this.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

I do have a feeling that I would never be quite satisfied with a quartz but saying that, I have never owned or seen an Omega quartz.... also, I think a quartz may have a good place in any well rounded collection and the overall costs after services etc could make it a solid option for now. In the long run the 2254 seems to be the best choice but also the most expensive. Guess I better go try them on to decide whether the costs are worth it. Thanks for the help lads

WnS

No contest in my mind. The TAG and SMP look outdated and dull. The Aqua Terra looks quite rich and modern.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I suggest saving for what you really want. All too often people blow over $1000 on something they aren't in love with, and soon regret the purchase. Wait longer, and buy something you actually love, you'll appreciate it every time you check the time!
    spidaman likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information