Armand Nicolet-What do YOU think of this watch?

Thread: Armand Nicolet-What do YOU think of this watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Armand Nicolet-What do YOU think of this watch?

Hi guys,

I've been hunting around for a watch for a few months now and have considered a chopard mille miglia gmt and a iwc chrono auto and spitfire.

Recently I was introduced to Armand Nicolet by a colleague who is into watches and really like the styling of the watches. I also really like the size of it and the profile. Are there any of you out there who are familiar with the brand? Any experiences to share? What is the quality/reputation of the brand like and what is its heritage like? I know it is supposed to be more than a hundred years old but I'm not sure how much of it is a marketing spiel. Also, any information about how modified the movements are?

I'm seriously considering this Complete Calendar model in black.
    The only picture i could find in black is off the website. Any thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Better options?

http://www.armandnicolet.com/m02watc...complicazione=
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by watchwiz; January 6th, 2009 at 18:17.

Re: armand nicolet-what do you think of this watch?

Beautiful piece. Love it...

stuffler,mike

Over the years Arman Nicolet acquired an excellent reputation and the watch you are aiming at is an excellent timepiece as well. Had the pleasure to visit their booth at Baselworld last year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it pays to be skeptical of 'history' of watch brands, but I believe Armand Nicolet is the real deal, and from what I have gathered, they are highly regarded among Watch afficionado's.

I like the watch you have listed there. It's very elegant. They have a few sport/dive watches that look fantastic, too. I wish they had a dealer close to where i live.
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by dtmartin46 View Post
    it pays to be skeptical of 'history' of watch brands, but I believe Armand Nicolet is the real deal, and from what I have gathered, they are highly regarded among Watch afficionado's.

I like the watch you have listed there. It's very elegant. They have a few sport/dive watches that look fantastic, too. I wish they had a dealer close to where i live.
    Yes, there is a big difference between nicoletwatch.com (no real history) and armandnicolet.com (real history). The first brand pretends to be what the second brand is. Don't mix them up.

Re: Armand Nicolet-What do YOU think of this watch?

Between the IWC, Chopard and this watch, which would you pick? Aesthetically and complication wise, I like the Armand Nicolet. But something about the IWC pedigree really draws me to it as well. Coming from an Asian society where materialism and status are unfortunately very important, I am ashamed to admit that I hesitate to spend a large amount of money on a relatively unknown brand as opposed to the more ESTEEMED brands such as Omega, Cartier, Rolex, Franck Muller, IWC etc.

When spending a significant amount of money, I also feel like I want some bling or wow factor, and it seems that Armand Nicolet are a little off the radar. At the same time I really like the watch and dont think I can get the same amount of watch at the same pricepoint when looking at the more heavily marketed brands.

Sigh, sorry for the longwinded post. I just need to be shown the right way by the more mature, savvy and educated WIS here.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    nicoletwatch.com (no real history)

For the love of... I've never seen that one before, but that's pretty bad...

The whole 'fake brand name' market makes me sigh every time.
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

Quote Originally Posted by watchwiz View Post
    I am ashamed to admit that I hesitate to spend a large amount of money on a relatively unknown brand as opposed to the more ESTEEMED brands such as Omega, Cartier, Rolex, Franck Muller, IWC etc.
    There's nothing wrong with this at all, at least you can admit it! I think a lot of us feel the same way, but sometimes deny it.

In addition to the name recognition, buying a well established brand should give you piece of mind as far as the overall quality of what you're buying. I am in absolutely NO way saying Armand Nicolet is not a quality watch, however. Far as I know, they have an impeccable reputation. Also, I believe that the complications in that Armand Nicolet watch are great for the pricepoint.

I think it all boils down to a personal choice. Ask yourself this; Are you going to be a one watch person, or do you see yourself owning more than one nice watch? (Hopefully, right? ) If you were really only going to own one, it sounds like you may be happier with a more well known brand. And again, If that's the route you go, I don't think you should feel 'ashamed' at all!

Good luck in your decision, you certainly have picked some nice brands!

P.S> Out of those watches, i'd go for either the Armand Nicolet, or the IWC. Just my personal preference.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; January 6th, 2009 at 21:22. Reason: more info added
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

stuffler,mike

If the CHOPARD features the L.U.C. movement I wouldn't hesitate for a second: Chopard. Second is the A. Nicolet.

I think I'm very near to pulling the trigger, but would like to hear more suggestions for similar watches at a similar price range, or preferably slightly less.

Thanks all for the help so far. Does anyone here actually own an Armand Nicolet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information