Arriving soon: Invicta (yes Invicta =p) Subaqua Noma V chronograph diver!!!
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Arriving soon: Invicta (yes Invicta =p) Subaqua Noma V chronograph diver!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Arriving soon: Invicta (yes Invicta =p) Subaqua Noma V chronograph diver!!!

So I am a new member to WUS and I realize the general negative opinion on the Invicta watch brand. But I have personally had good experience w/ all my Invicta watches and even though I am saving up to buy some really nice watches w/ in the next few years (Omega Seamaster auto w/silver dial, RGM 150 brown, Xetum Carbon fiber PVD special edition, and one day a nice Patek Philippe), I have a weakness when it comes to their beautiful designs of Invicta watches, especially their newer Subaqua Noma V watches. I got some extra cash my way combined w/ some credits and haggling w/ the eBay seller, I got a great deal on my soon to arrive Subaqua noma V black/grey stainless steel watch. It has the Ronda 8040.N swiss quartz movement and includes a retrograde Date function which is very cool. Here is a stock picture of the watch I bought. Once it arrives I will take pics of it as well as on my wrist.

View model
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Arriving soon: Invicta (yes Invicta =p) Subaqua Noma V chronograph diver!!!

I also have noticed a generally negative impression of Invicta on these forums. I thought I would risk it anyways, so I bought a watch that was an homage of a watch I own. I thought having a watch that I could use as a beater that looked very similar to my daily wear watch would be kind of neat. Well, my experience was pretty bad. First thing I noticed was how hair-pully the bracelet was so I put it on a Nato or let's call it a milspec because of that pos who trademarked the nato name

Second thing I noticed was that even though it is a quartz, the accuracy is way worse than the mechanical it is a copy of. I'm sure it is faulty, after I set it, a few days later it is hours out. Hours. And the watch it copies which never leaves my wrist is 5 seconds slow after a month.

Probably got a bad apple, but it was enough to ensure I never buy another Invicta.

Sorry for the rant, I needed to get that off my chest, glad you like yours though! And sorry again for the hijack post! Wear yours in good health! I really don't have anything against the brand, I bought one after all I had heard on this site after all, but I tend to take lemons very personally. It has put me off various computer manufacturers etc.

Anyways, tl;dr the watch I bought was the blue one, not my picture:

I would not answer the door bell.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EsbenOpen View Post
    ... I thought having a watch that I could use as a beater that looked very similar to my daily wear watch would be kind of neat ...
    ^^^ When are you wearing your beater, if you already have a daily wear watch??? Just wondering...
    Rolex / Grand Seiko / Tag Heuer / Garmin / Suunto

I won't say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This honestly reads as some sort of SEO click bait marketing post.
    Docrwm and Bahoomba like this.
    Collection: JLC Master Geographic, JLC Grande Reverso Calendar, Rolex Datejust
    Wish List: JLC Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface, GO PanoInverse

How do you respond to this? Wow.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

I hope you like it, at 50x21 it's going to be a tough one to tame. May I ask what size wrist you have?

EsbenOpen and JPfeuffer like this.

I have no issue with invictas. I don't find watches a polarising subject. I tell you this to let you know that I am pure of heart and bear no ill intent. I have no agenda against particular watch brands. Anyways. :) I have never set eyes upon an invicta that I would spend money on.

Make of that what you will.
    Benzinger .. Dornblueth & Sohn .. Grand Seiko .. Sinn .. Laco .. Schaumburg .. Hamilton .. Tissot

Not real. Anyone who appreciates a patek wouldnt be caught dead wearing that thing.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200), Rolex Submariner ND (114060)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information