Artic Diver Conversion?

Thread: Artic Diver Conversion?

Artic Diver Conversion?

Could anyone share their experiences or indicate what obstacles I might encounter if I decide to have my Artic Diver Swiss DLC coated?

GGD

Re: Artic Diver Conversion?

G'day mate -

from what I've heard with some of the guys that wanted to get their SEAL's PVD / DLC'd one of the issues (and I think the only issue) was whether the engraved bezel markers had enough depth to be filled with the white paint after the PVD / DLC had been done?

I think that Jack at IWW had said he couldn't do the bezels for that reason

But apart from that, I can't see it being an issue at all.... I love my AD Tac so I reckon they look great in all black

Quote Originally Posted by GGD View Post
    G'day mate -

from what I've heard with some of the guys that wanted to get their SEAL's PVD / DLC'd one of the issues (and I think the only issue) was whether the engraved bezel markers had enough depth to be filled with the white paint after the PVD / DLC had been done?

But apart from that, I can't see it being an issue at all.... I love my AD Tac so I reckon they look great in all black
    I saw the AD TAC today and it was an awsome watch. I loved it...I just wish I could have seen it next to the original AD to compare.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Has anyone done this yet? I think the bezel might look good in all black

Quote Originally Posted by GGD View Post
    G'day mate -

Sorry to stray a tad off topic but GGD (or anyone for that matter):

Have you previously owned a Kobold with the 45mm Soarway case (SOA, LSD etc)?

If so, does the AD Tac seem to look smaller on the wrist than the traditional stainless/ti case?

In the Panerai world I would always read that the PVD models seemed to wear smaller, but I didn't think that made much sense; but after buying my first "black" watch, I have found that this is definitely the case (no pun intended).

My reasoning is that the 45mm Soarway case along with such long lugs wears a bit to large for my liking. I am curious if I might like an AD Tac...
    Last edited by Dan471; March 20th, 2010 at 07:53.

It may appear smaller in black but the size and weight sure doesn't change. I recently got an MTM Special OPS Vulture that is 20mm thick.....after wearing it for a few days, I put on the the AD and it felt small.......for a while. If you like the tactical watches, try on an MTM Vulture or Seal. The Vulture has an incredible lighting system.

On the issue of painting the numbers.......the DLC/PVD coating is only a few microns thick so I can't see that painting would be a problem.

I have a Seal that has been PVD'd and my brother has a standard SS Seal. I can tell you it is quite striking how much smaller the PVD treatment wears.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Thread Information