Asking someone to be an AD...
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asking someone to be an AD...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Asking someone to be an AD...

Well, I would like Toronto to have a Nomos Glashutte dealer in Toronto, but alas there are none. There are a few chain stores, such as la swiss and i am not sure if they would be one. Y'see, being 14 nobody takes you seriously...

There is one La swiss, and the people there are actually nice.. I had a nice conversation with them about Oris watches, and that they would more than happy to order one for me. Do you think i can go back and ask them to order me the Nomos?

Sincerely,
    Henry

stuffler,mike

Re: Asking someone to be an AD...

Well, even if they would order one the other requirement would be that NOMOS will be interested in a business relation with La Swiss. I'd ask Hans-Peter at www.timedesgn.de.

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

Henry: if they're a serious watch store, and considering this is a "serious" economy these days, your willingness to part with cold hard cash may make your youth irrelevant. I'm taking you seriously.

The issue is that the store may not be in a position to take on another line because sometimes that involves a product investment beyond just your purchased item...but sometimes, with a willing supplier, it doesn't.

Ask.

Ron/Alberta-Time

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLouis View Post
    Well, I would like Toronto to have a Nomos Glashutte dealer in Toronto, but alas there are none. There are a few chain stores, such as la swiss and i am not sure if they would be one. Y'see, being 14 nobody takes you seriously...

There is one La swiss, and the people there are actually nice.. I had a nice conversation with them about Oris watches, and that they would more than happy to order one for me. Do you think i can go back and ask them to order me the Nomos?

Sincerely,
    Henry
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If they have a mutual relationship with an AD that has Nomos, perhaps they might be able to source one for you that way. But since they're not an authorized dealer from Nomos, they can't order one for you from the manufacturer.
    -Jarrod

The shop that I know in Toronto is http://www.louis-black.com/. They are not a Nomos dealer, but they fit the profile of the type of AD I would expect to find a Nomos at. If you want to ask.

Bob
    __________________________________________________ __________________

AUDEMARS PIGUET | BLANCPAIN | DAMASKO | GRAND SEIKO | ROLEX

L'Oro Jewelers is my favorite AD, several stores, educated watch people that carry Omega/Ball/B&M they may want to pick up a new line.
    KiterPete

Taking on a new brand is quite tough... one would have to sell at least a certain number of pieces, and in this environment it might be tough selling the brands you already have. It wouldn't surprise me if they would be reluctant to take on a relatively little known (in the US) German brand in such an uncertain trading environment.

Have you emailed Nomos? They should get you a contact for your area and I'm sure they will have a AD nearby that you could get in touch with. I emailed them a while back and they were really quick to answer

Asking a B&M to be a Nomos retailer/distributor

Well, there is only one Nomos distributor in Canada and it is all the way in winnipeg!

I hit up a place called European Jewellery In the Toronto Eaton Centre that sells Medium priced brands (highest is probably Omega, Longines, Tag, and all the way to Tissot, Movado, and seiko. They have 6 shops in Toronto

Hello, I am looking for a retailer of Nomos Glashütte watches in Toronto, where I live. Unfortunately, the only results i have recieved are a jeweller all the way in Winnipeg! If i visit your store, can you become a retailer/ Distributor? I poked around their site and here is their dealer information.

"Jana Strauß
    NOMOS Glashütte/SA
    Ferdinand-Adolph-Lange-Platz 2
    D-01768 Glashütte

phone +49 (0) 35053-4040
    fax +49 (0) 35053-40480

e-mail: [email protected]"

I am in no way affiliated with Nomos, but I do want Toronto, a world class city to have sell Nomos watches. They make inhouse movements in Glashütte, Saxony. Their watches are upscale, and are comparable, if not better than Omega. Incredible Bauhaus design.

Nomos link:
    http://www.glashuette.com/en/

Please take the time to reply,

Henry Louis

Alright, so these people aren't exactly the most friendly people.. but I can buy nomos from them I'll be fine.

The other option is Royal De versallies, a much more upscale store. They sell Hublots, AP's, They are the Rolex dealer in Toronto (other than the rolex store itself). This will be tricky. I will have to walk into their store and convince them, and I am 14 so they probably won't even look at me. I am waiting for a Nomos catalog to arrive and i will probably bring it to them, to show. Well what should i say when i go there?

Anyway, Thanks for helping me with my crusade to get a Nomos watch dealer in Toronto.
    Last edited by HenryLouis; March 17th, 2009 at 00:04.

As mentioned, they may know of an AD that sells Nomos and they might be willing to be the "broker" for you.

Becoming an actual AD requires a lot of investment. Dealers are required to keep certain amounts of stock on hand, and for high end watches this can easily enter the six-figure range.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information