Atelier Millesime
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Atelier Millesime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Just seen this brand new diver from ateliermillesime.ch I'm not sure what's in the water over at Artelier Millesime but two spankingly gorgeous watches the Monarque diver and Mereilleux II
    What's everyones thoughts on the brand
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by sf4d74; 5 Days Ago at 17:45.
    Ragl, John Price and Synequano like this.

Re: Atelier Millesime

Saw these posted on FB earlier today, absolutely exquisite detailing on these watches. Benjamin Chee is the man behind this brand, he is also the creator of Maison Celadon which some of you may be familiar with. Price for the diver is a not unreasonable $2850 and it comes in a choice of 40mm or 42mm: very, very tempting.....

Cheers,

Alan
    ffritz likes this.

I would need to handle and loupe them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vaucher movements, too, so not skimping there.

Their haute horlogerie looks gorgeous...but has a 2 year wait list. Guilloche on enamel and a Vaucher 5401, tho...

And even the Merveilleux looks tempting. I'm a bit put off when they say the options are a 2824 or Soprod M100, specifically because the 2 differ in height by 1 mm. Fundamentally, I'd be happier if the case was sized for the M100...save me that mm. And I'd like to see it in person because I'm not sure the proportions will work for me...39 mm case, 18 mm strap. That's unusual and might look skinny, given that 20 and 19 would be typical lug widths.

The diver's very attractive, but in another sense, confused. The markings are clearly dive-oriented...the hands, the indices. But the bezel and dial are decidedly not tool-ish. Me, I find "luxury dive watch" to be almost...well, not oxymoronic, but perhaps schizophrenic.
    And it is also said, "go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say no and yes."
    -- Frodo, to Gildor

BTW, for the curious...

CLA is a Swiss company that makes a machine to monitor and tune a watch movement or cased watch. Vaucher has one, and they use it to do chronometer testing on their movements. Since it is Vaucher, I have confidence it's not an empty marketing ploy. So that CLA Chronometry certification should be meaningful.
    And it is also said, "go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say no and yes."
    -- Frodo, to Gildor

I’d never heard of the brand before, but geez....that “diver” is sexy. Where are you guys getting the specs and info, Facebook? I’m surprised their website doesn’t offer more details, unless I’m just missing it? I’m also curious about the pic being a “placeholder” and wonder just how much the final design will differ. Might be interesting if they offer some bezel variations.
    Ragl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sf4d74 View Post
    Just seen this brand new diver from ateliermillesime.ch I'm not sure what's in the water over at Artelier Millesime but two spankingly gorgeous watches the Monarque diver and Mereilleux II
    What's everyones thoughts on the brand
    Too conventional design for my taste, but I really like the movement! Definitely worth keeping an eye on them in the future. If I get that correctly, the diver isn't the final design anyway yet, so we'll see..

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    I’d never heard of the brand before, but geez....that “diver” is sexy. Where are you guys getting the specs and info, Facebook? I’m surprised their website doesn’t offer more details, unless I’m just missing it? I’m also curious about the pic being a “placeholder” and wonder just how much the final design will differ. Might be interesting if they offer some bezel variations.
    Atelier Millesime info on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

Cheers,

Alan

Thank you for your responses, I think I'd prefer the Soprod rather than the ETA on the basis it's not seen so much

The Mereilleux II looks good too, it's not easy coming up with a clean design that isn't Bauhaus inspired, I understand there will be a lot of competition in that price range, would it be fair to compare the quality to grand Seiko rather than Tissot,longines, Tag etc, as I hear the Chinese watches can be better than those mentioned, but because of the lack of advertising or awareness,rather than actual quality people wanting something decent go with Swiss as Chinese made watches are usually associated with cheap quartz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information