Atlantic worldmaster Information

Thread: Atlantic worldmaster Information

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Atlantic worldmaster Information

Hi all, I`m looking for some information on a Atlantic worldmaster 21 jewels special, The watch was left to me by a relative and now spends its life in a safe un used, So I have been debating selling it on to a good home. However I`m keen to know the story of the watch, age, origin, edition, valuation ect.. The watch is in full working order, however does need some TLC... If anyone Can help id be very gratefull
    Last edited by jwebb; March 19th, 2014 at 23:52.

Re: Atlantic worldmaster Information

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not allowed to give valuations on watches...Against the rules...Sorry
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    Not allowed to give valuations on watches...Against the rules...Sorry
    That's fair. Any information or interest would be grateful.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Probably a watch of the 1960s. Case back says : "Stainless steel case back" which is a hint that the case is not stainless steel. At those good old times cases have been made out of brass, chrome or gold plated. Atlantic used different movements, e.g. Unitas 6300 or FHF (FHF ST 96, handwinding) or A. Schild movements. Do not know why but it is said that the watches were very popular in Eastern Europe.
    There was a variety of Atlantic Worldmaster available: automatic, handwinding, with and without date. Just do a search here on WUS and you will find some threads on these watches, here's just one:

Chic and Tasty Vintage Atlantic Worldmaster swiss watch with date, manual winding
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; March 20th, 2014 at 11:40.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Looks pretty much like Atlantic I inherited from my grandfather. Second hand was missing and was replaced what was found from watchmakers inventory, should try to find a donor to get one like original. Case is chrome plated and movement is 17 jewels AS 1113, crown still original with logo.

My advice is to keep it, I doubt you get much from selling it. Instead you could keep it and have a piece of history which is part of your relative.

Brand is still active: Swiss tradition watches - Atlantic Swiss Made Watches Since 1888

Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Quote Originally Posted by jwebb View Post
    That's fair. Any information or interest would be grateful.
    Hi and welcome to WUS. If you are looking for interest then a better place to post your query would be on the sales forum here on WUS. You will get plenty of eyes looking for a watch. For a value look at sales prices for comparable watches on Ebay. When new a 1960's Atlantic with a chrome plated case and steel back would have been targeted to the moderate to mid priced watch market. Your watch looks to be in good condition and would show off that attractive dial much better if the crystal was polished to remove decades of scratches. I agree with keeping rather than selling the watch.
    Last edited by John MS; March 20th, 2014 at 16:06.

Mike hit it on the head and that should be a good start to help you acquire further info on the watch.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thank you very much Mike. That's great help, ill do some more research and see what I can find. Josh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast