Atomic - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Atomic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Atomic

I work with desk and computer, hardly any chance to receive a shock, but would have more chance to scratch it.

Would anyone recommend something else for that price range? Or Is it a pretty sure shot on this one? Haven't spend anything higher than 150$ on a watch...

Quote Originally Posted by argh226 View Post
    Would anyone recommend something else for that price range? Or Is it a pretty sure shot on this one? Haven't spend anything higher than 150$ on a watch...
    Which price range? The Casio and Citizen are pretty far apart in price. For some incredible watches take a look at the offerings from Junghans:

Junghans Watches USA: Junghans Atomic Watches Junghans Solar Powered Radio Controlled Watches German Watches Avantgarde Mega 1000 Mega Futura Sailor Racer Aviator Force Spectrum Worldtimer collection Chronospce Watches max bill watches kevlar carbon
    CitizenM likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That one is listed at 825-850$ Can. Sorry I expected everybody to know it (?!)... my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by argh226 View Post
    That one is listed at 825-850$ Can. Sorry I expected everybody to know it (?!)... my mistake.
    OK. Several makers of "atomic" watches have been listed with a price range from under USD$200 to close to USD$1,000 One watch that wasn't listed that I find fascinating is a Seiko Power Design watch. It uses retro lcd styling reminiscent of the earliest quartz watches but is fully up to date with both solar power and multi-band radio or atomic control. And it should fit within your budget. If you can get do without the analog display this Seiko is another attractive option.

Name:  61yonS1h75L._SL1024_.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  101.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PJR View Post
    Before deciding on which brand and model you might want to confirm whether you will receive the signal from Fort Collins at your location. Atomic watches are great but not worth much if you are out of signal range. Where are you in Quebec? I'm half an hour west of Toronto and my Casios usually sync but only at night and if left in a couple of places around the house.
    That's very strange. I don't live in Toronto, but I visit frequently. I've never had a problem with my G-Shock synchronizing there...

Is your house made out of stone by any chance? My house (in Philadelphia) is, and I cannot receive a signal inside, unless I leave it on the window sill.

So far my alarm is keeping it if I leave it close to the wall. If I move it like 6-10'' further away it doesn't keep it synced. So I can conclude it'll be working fine otherwise. I dont know what is it on a wrist while moving all the time.
    As for me, the house is in brick.

Anyone could recommend me or not this online dealer?
    Authentic Designer Watches : Times Circle
    (look for the at8030-18f pretty decent price!)
    Last edited by argh226; January 1st, 2013 at 19:26.

PJR

Quote Originally Posted by LeverTime View Post
    That's very strange. I don't live in Toronto, but I visit frequently. I've never had a problem with my G-Shock synchronizing there...

Is your house made out of stone by any chance? My house (in Philadelphia) is, and I cannot receive a signal inside, unless I leave it on the window sill.
    I'm around 100 miles due north of Erie, PA. The house isn't stone but is in hilly terrain. The watches sync reliably if facing southwest and near a window but may miss a day or two if left elsewhere in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR View Post
    I'm around 100 miles due north of Erie, PA. The house isn't stone but is in hilly terrain. The watches sync reliably if facing southwest and near a window but may miss a day or two if left elsewhere in the house.
    Perhaps that is the main issue. The window sill I always put mine on does face south.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information