Is this an authentic Bvlgari?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Is this an authentic Bvlgari?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this an authentic Bvlgari?

I recently purchased this Bvlgari(?) watch. Yeah I know I should have asked this question first. Oh well. Can someone confirm by looking at the attached pics whether or not this is a real Bvlgari? It is supposedly a bvlgari AC38BTAVD/SLN. The numbers on the back of the watch in pic #3 are AC 38 TA
    L 36300
    If not can you give me ideas on how to authenticate it? Thanks for your help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Is this an authentic Bvlgari?

Looks real...But so do the fakes.
    Take it to a dealer and have it checked....Can't tell much from a picture.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

beats me how one would judge that to look real given the images provided -sorry always sceptical of these very first posts that ask these questions - my question would be 'why would you buy one ' second question would be 'how much did you pay ' for a watch like this with obvious doubts of authenticity -third question might be what kind of camera or phone are you using - the answers is that it is quite impossible to tell from the photos but its too late now anyway you are stuck with it !! welcome to the forum !

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

VnfortVnately it is difficVlt to tell, Vnless yoV provide better pictVers.

Quote Originally Posted by ken_sturrock View Post
    VnfortVnately it is difficVlt to tell, Vnless yoV provide better pictVers.
    see what you did there Ken !! that always thru me too !
    ken_sturrock likes this.

I have my doubts. The Bulgari Aluminium line all have pronounced stick markers for the hours, chrono as well as non chrono, yours have none. Also, the subsidiary dial at 6 on the real deal does not cut into the minute markers, but it does on your watch. And the minute markers on the original are painted on a beveled surface while yours are all painted on the flat face. Just do a google search yourself for images and see what you get.

Sorry. Take it or mail it to an AD or an authorized repair station. If they mail it back with no comment, you will know for sure.
    Last edited by Gary123; October 26th, 2013 at 01:17.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Can you open it and take a pic? The movement usually gives it away more than anything else.

Who did you buy it from and how much was it?

It looks very cheap, I hope you didn't pay much... real or fake...

-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3; please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors.
    Omega, Steinhart, Seiko, Glycine, Tissot, Tag Heuer, Citizen, and a few others...

I have my doubts. The Bulgari Aluminium line all have pronounced stick markers for the hours, chrono as well as non chrono, yours have none. Also, the subsidiary dial at 6 on the real deal does not cut into the minute markers, but it does on your watch. And the minute markers on the original are painted on a beveled surface while yours are all painted on the flat face. Just do a google search yourself for images and see what you get.

Sorry. Take it or mail it to an AD or an authorized repair station. If they mail it back with no comment, you will know for sure.

Thanks for your reply. I took your advice and googled this watch. I found pics of a 44 mm diameter watch with minute markers and chrono dials as you said. But, the pics of the new 38 mm watches look like mine. Not sure what you meant by the minute markers being painted on a beveled surface though.

Again thanks a lot. You gave me a place to start looking!! I'm searching in every avenue possible.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; October 26th, 2013 at 22:01.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information