Auto rotor movement inhibited when crown screwed in

Thread: Auto rotor movement inhibited when crown screwed in

I just received a brand new DOXA SUB 1000T. I have been wearing it proudly along with my Marine Master. Recently I looked down at my wrist and to my horror the watch had stopped!!! How can that be I thought? This is an automatic watch with an impressive power reserve. The watch had been hand wound about 30 rotations before I put it on. I wore it 24/7 until it stopped.
    I put the watch to my ear and shook it gently in a circular motion but to my surprise I could not hear the rotor movement. I loosened the crown screw and wound the watch by hand then before screwing the crown back in I again listened to see if I could hear the rotor by gently swaying the watch in a circular motion. This time the rotor was working as it should. I then screwed in the crown, as one normally would, and I could no longer hear any rotor movement.
    THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Auto rotor movement inhibited when crown screwed in

Definitely not good! Do you work on your own watches any? If so take the case back off and have a look! It may be something simple, the movement may not be sitting in the spacer/case exactly right (from the factory) and when you screw the crown in it binds the movement causing it to touch the case back??? I don't know, just guessing but I had this exact same thing happen to me with a Seiko and it was an easy fix!

Of course doing this (or taking it to your local watchmaker) will undoubtedly void your warranty.

If not you'll have to send it back to Doxa and it'll be a long wait!
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Send it back and get a replacement. Wow...that's poor quality control on an expensive watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks fellas, I think my only option is to return the watch as to do otherwise would not only void the warranty but the proper seal would be compromised as well. I'm not a happy camper but that being said and notwithstanding the problem...I LUV this watch, great fit and finish!

I just have to ask, how are the hands on your new Doxa? Are the edges painted properly? I'm just curious to know if the "problem" has been fixed.
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Using a 10x Loupe, The hands look good ! The lume is evenly applied and the black paint looks well finished to me? What's the scoop on this

oops!!! the edges of the hour hand are not completely painted. The minute hand is well done...

Thread Information