I'm looking to buy an automatic watch that looks like "Seiko Men's SNL036 Coutura Kinetic Watch" - Image below.
I know nothing about watches, so I'd appreciate any input and am grateful for being able to tap into the brain trust here.
Some notes on my watch envelope are below:
1. I'm in my forties
2. I'll be wearing this casually and on a black suites white shirt which I wear when I go to see my clients (typically no tie)
3. I'm a consumate technologist (engineer) and I'd like to watch to reflect that.
4. I'm a passionate motorcyclist and I'd like the watch to reflect that
5. I'm not extravagant in my life style and I'd like the watch to reflect that
6. I haven't worn a watch in two decades - the watch will not be for telling time (I have a decent mental clock)
7. I know next to zero about watches
8. I like stainless steel, black, grey -- I don't like gold
9. I'd like an automatic movement
10. If I don't find a substitute alternate I'd l'll but the Seiko SL036 but I don't like the fact that it is a quartz movement
11. I'd like to keep the price under a $1000
12. Brand really is not important to me
13. I'm olive skinned
14. I'm in reasonable shape (almost athletic)
Thanks in advance for you help.