AVALON DE LUXE anyone?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ray MacDonald

Thread: AVALON DE LUXE anyone?

AVALON DE LUXE anyone?

Hi all, i have had this watch since i was about 8 in the late sixtys. And now my interest in watches has gone berserk, i would like to restore or get restored the said watch,but i cannot find any information on it .I have took a few pics and as you can see its a bit marked in places, these were made many years ago. I would appreciate any help you can give ,as i know you are all very knowlegable. Thanks DW.

Attachment 972170 Attachment 972171 Attachment 972172 Attachment 972173 Attachment 972174 Attachment 972175 Attachment 972176 Attachment 972179

Re: AVALON DE LUXE anyone?

Avalon De Luxe was a brand of Gunzinger Freres SA Welschenrohr CH. Without a look at the movement it's hard to say what could be done. A watchmaker can help you better than we can from photographs. A lot of these types of watches had pin lever movements so parts would be hard to get.
    DJW GB likes this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: AVALON DE LUXE anyone?

Thanks Ray for your reply, i was thinking no one had heard of it. As you can probably see over the years in my ignorance i have tried to remove the back, but with no sucess.I now realise after being a wis for a short while that not all backs come off. Is it possable that this is the case here. Once again thankyou for your help . DW.

Thread Information