Average Wrist Time

Thread: Average Wrist Time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Average Wrist Time

There are a couple of threads recently that have me thinking about wrist time for various watches in various collections. For me, I have two watches, both considered everyday watches but one gets extra play when it is play time (gshock mtg 900) and the other gets more play at dress time (simple chrono on bracelet).

For me it is fairly easy to rotate the two in and ensure pleanty of wrist time for each but for those with larger collections how much wrist time are your watches seeing?

I'm curious, if you would be so kind, as to say how many pieces are in your collection followed by the average amount of wrist time each gets weekly/monthly and perhaps the most frequently worn make/model and how much time it gets and the least frequently worn make/model and how much time it gets.

Re: Average Wrist Time

I have ~150 watches, in two basic groups, daily wear and collection. Daily wear watches are either watches for which case parts (crystals, crowns, bezels) are still readily available or which I don't really care about keeping nice. The daily wear group has a Lucien Piccard DaVinci Seashark 36000 in a Seiko case, Seiko 6139-6000, Revue Thommen Airspeed XL Chrono, Omega Seamaster GMT, Chase Durer Combat Command GMT, Omega Speedmaster Triple Date, Ebel E-Type Chronograph, Rolex GMT II, Seiko Velatura SRQ001J1, Ventura V-tronic Chronograph, Blancpain Fylback Chronograph and Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph. Typically I wear these watches for severals days before changing watches and every once in a while I wear something out of the collection group for a day or two. Recently I've been making an effort to wear more out of the collection group.

8 watches in the "regular" group, the one that I wear to the office is an Omegal Seamaster Aqua Terra cal. 2500 with black face; this gets the most wrist time. Usually, when I get home, I will switch to something else from the collection, usually on the basis of "what hasn't been worn lately". On weekends, the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Olympic chrono gets the most time, and again, others as the siuation demands.

I also have a few (Rolex Datejust that was a gift from my parents, Tag Heuer that was a gift from my wife, Omegal "pie-pan" Constellation that I couldn't resist), that only get worn on certain occasions.
    In matters of principle, stand like a rock; in matters of taste, swim with the current. - Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ray916MN View Post
    Daily wear watches are either watches for which case parts (crystals, crowns, bezels) are still readily available or which I don't really care about keeping nice. The daily wear group has a Lucien Piccard DaVinci Seashark 36000 in a Seiko case, Seiko 6139-6000, Revue Thommen Airspeed XL Chrono, Omega Seamaster GMT, Chase Durer Combat Command GMT, Omega Speedmaster Triple Date, Ebel E-Type Chronograph, Rolex GMT II, Seiko Velatura SRQ001J1, Ventura V-tronic Chronograph, Blancpain Fylback Chronograph and Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph. .
    What made the collection group if Rolex and Omega are in the daily grind.

Quote Originally Posted by George Riemer View Post

I also have a few (Rolex Datejust that was a gift from my parents, Tag Heuer that was a gift from my wife, Omegal "pie-pan" Constellation that I couldn't resist), that only get worn on certain occasions.
    Just throwing this out there... any chance your family would consider adopting me for the holidays? Those are some nice gifts.
    Last edited by SwedishElite22; December 5th, 2010 at 19:12.

I don't have a large collection, by any means, but am dealing with the fact that Omega Seamaster PO is getting the vast majority of wrist time. It's almost as though I have to force myself to wear one of the others. When I do change, it's normally to the Breitling. The Oris and the Ball are feeling neglected...
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow...

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're gonna' feel all day...

Oris Williams F1, Omega Planet Ocean 45mm, Ball Engineer Master II Aviator

I don't have a particular rotation. I just pick up what I want to wear that day, set the time, and let it go. Sometimes I switch during the day, sometimes I wear one piece for a week. No rhyme or reason, or any particular pattern.
    Lots of dive watches.

Banned

50-ish watches in my collection, with absolutely no rhyme or reason to which I wear (or how many I might wear) on any given day. I fly by the seat of my pants, grabbing whichever watch I want at that moment. If I notice a certain watch has fallen out of favor and it isn't rare or an integral part of a certain group it gets put on the block so I can buy something that does strike my fancy.

When I'm training: G-Shock

When I'm feeling gentlemanly: Universal Genève

When it's raining/snowing or when I accidentally set the date too far on my UG (no quick-set date): Hamilton

"...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

I fall into the same category mentioned above....No rhyme or reason to the madness!! I open the box and which ever one "grabs" me, is the one I grab!
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

I have three watches...

One is an everyday wear, which I wear 90% of the time.
    One is a 'beater' watch - a G Shock bought specifically for wearing when I don't want to risk damaging my nicer watch - mountain biking, camping, climbing, etc...
    The third has no specific place, bar being a lightweight, basic watch - one I don't plan on worrying about, but at the same time don't beat on like the G Shock, normally worn when I feel lie a change or want something lighter than my normal for blobbing about the house.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information