B&r "do Not Unscrew"

Thread: B&r "do Not Unscrew"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

B&r "do Not Unscrew"

I don't own one myself, but I'm darn curious: Does anyone know what happens when you unscrew the "DO NOT UNSCREW" screw on the back of a Bell & Ross? Has anyone ever unscrewed it to find out?

It's kinda like the "Space Madness" episode of Ren & Stimpy with the "shiny, candy-like button!"

-Jay (Suspects that unscrewing it summons the Cenobites...)
    Rolex Milgauss GV Z-Blue ~ Breitling for Bentley Motors T ~ Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish XPlus ~ Omega f300 Cal. 1250 ~ Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono ~ Hamilton Khaki QNE ~ Accutron VX-200 ~ Accutron Gemini Chrono ~ Accutron Bulova Astronaut ~ Seiko 6138 Bullhead ~ Seiko Turtle 6309 ~ Seiko Orange Monster ~ Seiko Black Monster ~ Tissot T Touch Expert II ~ ...a few others...

Re: B&r "do Not Unscrew"

The stem comes out.
    We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night
    US novelist (1922-2007)

Unless otherwise noted, the graphic images, pictures, artwork, layout, and text contained in this post is the exclusive property of the author, or used with permission and may not be copied or distributed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Recht. Furthermore, the author reserves the exclusive right to edit, modify, add, or delete any part or portion of the post at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Recht View Post
    The stem comes out.
    ... AND the Cenobites come!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One of lifes mysteries ;), that just adds temptation that does like it says on my Citizen Aquamount, Manufacturer Battery Replace Only", im gonna try it myself now LOL

that screw is sweet... first of all, they use a a 1.3mm hex...rather odd, I believe there is also some way to tell if its a fake or not based on that screw.. basically if you take it out, and something bad happens, it was real.
    Bell & Ross BR02 Carbon - Bell & Ross BR01 Power Reserve - Tag Heuer "McQueen" Monaco

2009 wish list - Rolex DSSD

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Davidson View Post
    I don't own one myself, but I'm darn curious: Does anyone know what happens when you unscrew the "DO NOT UNSCREW" screw on the back of a Bell & Ross? Has anyone ever unscrewed it to find out?

It's kinda like the "Space Madness" episode of Ren & Stimpy with the "shiny, candy-like button!"

-Jay (Suspects that unscrewing it summons the Cenobites...)
    The stem will come out.

And since it is an ETA 2824-2, you will probably unsettle the clutch lever from the clutch wheel when you try and reinstall the stem, and the winding/setting mechanism will cease to function properly if at all.

This will mean that now the movement will have to come out of the case, and the hands and dial removed so the clutch parts can be put back in order.

So, the the picture of an explosion is close to correct, some money will suddly vaporize out of your wet.

lol fyi though its not a ETA 2824-2.. its and ETA 2892-2 series, hence BRO1-92, 94, 97 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    The stem will come out.

And since it is an ETA 2824-2, you will probably unsettle the clutch lever from the clutch wheel when you try and reinstall the stem, and the winding/setting mechanism will cease to function properly if at all.

This will mean that now the movement will have to come out of the case, and the hands and dial removed so the clutch parts can be put back in order.

So, the the picture of an explosion is close to correct, some money will suddly vaporize out of your wet.
    Bell & Ross BR02 Carbon - Bell & Ross BR01 Power Reserve - Tag Heuer "McQueen" Monaco

2009 wish list - Rolex DSSD

V8

Now I wonder why they would choose to do this, I do not recall seeing this type of construction method used by any other watch maker. Anyone know why this was done?

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

I'll kick in $5 just to see you do it....
    Anyone else?
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information