Hey hey. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I used to be somewhat active around 1.5 years ago. I took a break from looking and reading about watches because I didn't want to be tempted to buy something before my schedule allows. I guess you could call that self discipline, right? XD Anyway, the news of the CHF to Euro exchange rate made me reconsider my personal schedule. Prices are likely to increase more than normal, and it makes sense for me to buy now than 2 years from now. Don't worry because I already have my budget right now; I only planned on buying 2 years from now because I'd like to space out my watch purchases.
So, since I've been away for a while and don't know as much anymore, I'm back on WUS to get more options on my next watch.
1. < $,8000
2. < 42mm, preferably < 40mm
3. Steel only
4. No Rolex, no Panerai. I won't change my mind so don't suggest them.
5. No divers
6. Simple, clean aesthetic
My options so far:
1. JLC MUT Moon 39 - If you remember, this is my grail. I could buy it right now, but I don't feel like it's the right time. Part of the grail is the emotional connection and the thrill of the chase, and I don't think it's time for me to buy it just yet. I'd like nothing more than to have it on my wrist, but I feel like there is a better time to get this. I actually just went to an AD, and I feel strongly that this isn't it yet.
2. Glashutte Original Senator Hand Date - I love those subdials, and this watch looks great in pictures. However ADs are somewhat harder to find compared to others, so I've never seen it in person.
3. Glashutte Original Senator Observer - Might be over budget? Not sure. Basically the same look as the Hand Date but different functions.
4. Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar - Pretty sure this is overbudget, but I'm just putting it here as an example.
5. Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope, then save the rest - I like the aesthetics of this watch but I feel like it defeats the purpose of buying something because I don't want to get hit by the price increases
6. Montblanc Orbis Terrarum - Just announced for SIHH so it won't be out for a while, but pictures look amazing.
7. Vintage Heuer Autavia, or Vintage JLC Memovox
Buying vintage or second hand is fine, but I'd prefer new this time. Because if I were buying used I'd be super tempted to get something like a Speake Marin Serpent Calendar (saw one for ~$10k used). So yeah, I guess you should know what I like. Any idea, especially new ones that I don't know, would be great. Thanks!