This was/is my first name brand watch. I'm wearing it today. I brought it because it was
1) Easy to read
2) has 24 hour markings
3) great lume
4) sapphire crystal (not really sure it does, but the saleman told me it did)
5) I brand name I've heard of before
6) fit into my budget. I don't remember what I paid for it but I know it was less than $50
7) Just a darn good looking watch !!!!!
I'm a watch flipper. But this one has never been on the chopping block and I dont think ever will. With the right band its been a great go to watch.
It also reminds me that a good watch doesnt
1) need the latest automatic swiss movement - quartz watches need love too
2) have to cost a month salary to be worth wearing
3) need to have the most exotic band for it to look good
4) need to be talked about in the WUS forums to be a darn good watch
5) need to be the size of a dinner plate
6) have to impress other people. As long as I enjoy wearing it that all that matters.