Back to where it all started before "It" started.
Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By Todd5851
  • 6 Post By Donf
  • 3 Post By Ard

Thread: Back to where it all started before "It" started.

Smile Back to where it all started before "It" started.

Yeah I know crazy title. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar journey. One of the first watches I remember wearing in my teen's and early 20's was a simple black faced quartz Citizen dress watch on a black leather strap. Time went on and I developed a greater fascination with mechanical watches, picking up my first "good" piece, an Omega "Bond Seamaster" which I loved. Of course, like many WIS, I got bored and sold off the Omega and bought something else (Subsequently I bought and re-sold at least 2 or 3 other Seamasters). I changed out the collection often, going through various phases such as Dive watches (Omega, Breitling, UTS, Sinn) then a German watch phase (Stowa, Nomos, Muhle, Damasko), Luxury phase (AP, JL, Chronoswiss, Panerai), etc. to name a few.

Entering into my 40's the watch interest started to wane. Family responsibilities along with thoughts of saving for retirement and financial security made me change some consumption habits. Slowly I pared the collection back to very few pieces. Namely lower priced Seiko's, ie SKX007, and Bathy's, etc.

Today, I want an accurate, simple time keeper which looks decent, wears comfortably, and is fairly inexpensive. Hence, I am back full circle to wearing a nice looking, Citizen quartz for everyday and find that I am quite content. Thanks for reading my random thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current collection:

Citizen CA-0020-56E
    Bathy's 100 Fathom

Seiko SKX007
    Seiko 7A48 Moonphase

Vostok Amphibia (scuba dude)

Gone, but not forgotten:AP Royal Oak/ Bali Hai' Q/ Chopard Mille Miglia/ Damasko DA36/Damasko DC56/Eberhard Traversetolo/GP F300 Ferrari/JLC Master Moon/Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retro/Muhle SAR/Nomos Tangente Wempe LE/Nomos Ludwig/Omega 2254/Omega 2531.8/Omega Speedy 3570.50/PAM 111/PAM 113/Resco Patriot/Sinn Arktis/Sinn 103st/Sinn 356/Sinn 656/Sinn U1/Stowa Antea KS/UTS 500 M

Banned

Re: Back to where it all started before "It" started.

i was 4 years old when i got the f91-w... so in theory i never left the casio family...

Never left the Casio family either,got my first one when I was around 6/7 years old,now I'm 29 and I still have lots of Casio in my collection...got my first Gshock when I was around 10

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I suspect this is a not uncommon story Todd.

I think you should realize that with advancing age comes inevitable slide to the choice of a sensible, inexpensive, easy to read, quartz watch.

Now, as innocuous as that may sound, it's just the first step. Soon you will be wearing jump suits, windbreakers with epaulets, a flat cap, and medical ID bracelet. You'll have to drive a Lincoln Town Car, (except when driving the electric cart at the grocery store), ask for extra gravy on everything at cafeterias, and take V-eye-a-gra just so you don't pee on your shoes.

It gets worse but I think I'll head down to Luby's for lunch and get a salad and slice of coconut custard pie. With gravy.
    Last edited by Donf; March 31st, 2015 at 21:11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ard

I'm happy for you Todd. I've been wearing watches since my teens so............... Now I'm in the 60's and I own 6 watches none of which make me feel guilty for owning. The trick is to have had some enjoyment, not to lose a bunch of money flipping stuff, never go in debt for a watch and at the end of it all be able to meet up with Donf at Luby's and get the gravy

ha ha! so true!
    Current collection:

Citizen CA-0020-56E
    Bathy's 100 Fathom

Seiko SKX007
    Seiko 7A48 Moonphase

Vostok Amphibia (scuba dude)

Gone, but not forgotten:AP Royal Oak/ Bali Hai' Q/ Chopard Mille Miglia/ Damasko DA36/Damasko DC56/Eberhard Traversetolo/GP F300 Ferrari/JLC Master Moon/Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retro/Muhle SAR/Nomos Tangente Wempe LE/Nomos Ludwig/Omega 2254/Omega 2531.8/Omega Speedy 3570.50/PAM 111/PAM 113/Resco Patriot/Sinn Arktis/Sinn 103st/Sinn 356/Sinn 656/Sinn U1/Stowa Antea KS/UTS 500 M

Thread Information