Backside of a Ball?

Thread: Backside of a Ball?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Backside of a Ball?

New to the Forum, and actually just heard of Ball Watches this morning and I am very intrigued!!! I think I have narrowed down to wanting a Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I in black but looking for a dealer in Texas (San Antonio) to look at one, or a Ball in general!!

What I have not been able to find so far and also with quite a bit of looking on this forum, what does the back of a Ball look like? Are they windowed so you can see the movement, or are they solid cover?
    if anyone has a picture that would be great!! :thanks

Re: Backside of a Ball?

Im not an expert nor do i own a ball, but i havnt seen a ball with a see through back yet. I have been looking at the BALL Engineer Master 2 dive watch and i know it does not have the see through back.

They usually have some engraving to commemorate some sort of diving or athletic event. For example, the "Mad Cow" diver has a picture of a guy who apparently broke the skiing speed record or something to that effect. Another one has a picture of a submarine on it.
    Lots of dive watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

own a few of those . Ball does have a few models with see through backs, especially in their Trainmaster series. But their more adventure-minded collections (Engineer Master, Hydrocarbon) rarely if ever have see through backs, usually, as mentioned above, some nice engraving.

if you're looking at Ball watches and have more questions, head over to the official Ball forum right here on Watchuseek, there's a lot of knowledgable people (just like on most of the forums here) that can help you out with this question and any others.

cheers.

Ahh thanks, I am new to the site, I thought I was in the Ball section of the forum. will post over there and see what response I get.:thanks

Welcome to this site. I have a Ball Fireman Ionosphere Chronograph. It doesn't have a see-through back - but as Eric said, it has a beautiful engraving on the stainless steal back.
    IWC Pilot 3717 Chronograph
    IWC Aquatimer 2000 3568-02
    Montblanc Timewalker Chronograph
    Omega Planet Ocean blk/blk
    Sinn 144 GMT ST

I believe the Trainmaster series has a clear case-back, my TM Voyager GMT has a clear back.
    Most of the Engineer master and EMII if not all have a metal case back that have an engraving on it. this factors into thier being anti magnetic starting at 4800 a/m and running to 7500 a/m for the Hydrocarbon series.
    the clear case back is either not anti magnetic or at a lower level then 4800 a/m.

Call a bunch of authorized dealers and ask them about Tag, Omega etc and then ask them about Ball and listen to thier voices light up in comparison. AD's love, love Ball.
    I called 7 accross the country and not only did not one have anything bad to say, they sang Balls praise, very very highly.

I thought it is the movement itself that was antimagnetic to 4800A/m (I believe this is an ETA specification, not Ball). The HC's mag resistance of 7500a/m seems kind of low when certain Fricker sourced divers (which have a soft iron movement cover) are 20,000, 40,000, 80,000 a/m. Of course, even at those levels, the watch wouldn't survive an MRI machine, so its a moot point.
    Lots of dive watches.

My Fireman had a solid back with cool Ball stuff on it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AFBLUE View Post
    New to the Forum, and actually just heard of Ball Watches this morning and I am very intrigued!!! I think I have narrowed down to wanting a Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I in black but looking for a dealer in Texas (San Antonio) to look at one, or a Ball in general!!

What I have not been able to find so far and also with quite a bit of looking on this forum, what does the back of a Ball look like? Are they windowed so you can see the movement, or are they solid cover?
    if anyone has a picture that would be great!! :thanks
    Some Ball watches have engraved metal casebacks, while some have sapphire display casebacks. Specifically, the Engineer Hydrocarbon, Engineer Mast, Engineer and Fireman collections have metal casebacks, while the Trainmaster and Conductor collections have sapphire display casebacks.

You may view photos from our fellow forum members in the Ball Photo subforum here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256

Regarding the antimagnetic ratings mentioned by others below:
    Engineer Hydrocarbon: 12,000 A/m
    Engineer & Engineer Master: 4,800 A/m

Best Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information