WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

bad experience just ordering a buckle

365 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  digimate 
#1 ·
So I wanted to order a 20mm PVD buckle for a NATO that I'm using with a new to me Phantom Tactical.

I called last Monday and spoke to someone who said that they're email me back some options of what they have. Finally received an email last Thursday with pricing, etc. I called last Friday and placed my order. Was told it would ship the same day, and I'll get a tracking number. Didn't get an update, so I emailed them on Monday. No reply. Tired of waiting, I emailed them this morning to cancel the order. This afternoon I received an UPS notification that they shipped my buckle that I no longer wanted. Not only that but they also are sending it to the wrong address. Now if I even receive it, I'll have to go through the hassle of returning it. Seems that they got my email this morning, remembered my order and sent it to me anyways in hopes that I keep it. Bad, bad, bad.

Simultaneously I ordered a buckle from Omega for another watch last Thursday. They didn't have stock in the US, so they needed to special order it from Switzerland and was told it may take 2 to 4 weeks to receive. No worries. The boutique called today and told me to swing it as they just received it this morning, one week later. Wow!

Sure, it's a stretch to compare Kobold, a small independent startup, to Omega, an established global watch brand but bad service is bad service. Can't even trust Kobold these days with buying a $30 buckle let alone a $5K watch. What happened to them? They were once an up and coming brand with a loyal following - did they become too big for their own good? The Phantom Tac is a great watch, it's unfortunate they've fallen so badly.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.