Bad packaging from the USA
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BrentYYC
  • 2 Post By OH Redhawk

Thread: Bad packaging from the USA

Bad packaging from the USA

I bought a watch off someone on eBay from the USA. It came yesterday and it's ruined! It's only a cheap watch but I thought it was cool as I work for the company that is on the watch.

What I'm asking is, do you know if you can fit new generic crystals to watches that don't really have a make?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414180753.696794.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  130.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414180764.459220.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  137.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Bad packaging from the USA

Yes a new after market or generic crystal can be fitted.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Wow... what an idiot. Whenever I ship watches you could drop the package off a 10 storey building and it would still arrive without a scratch. That's complete negligence on his part.

You should immediately communicate with the seller and request a partial or full refund. Although a replacement crystal would normally be in the realm of possibility for a standard watch, yours has an unusual shape that might pose a serious challenge to getting replaced.
    OH Redhawk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The one thing that's really annoyed me about the whole thing is that when the glass smashed it crushed down and bent the hands down so the right face doesn't work at all now!! Was really not impressed.

I got a full refund minus shipping from the seller so not to bad on his part.

Wow... what an idiot. Whenever I ship watches you could drop the package off a 10 storey building and it would still arrive without a scratch. That's complete negligence on his part.
    Depends a bit on how expensive the watch was. If that's a $2 watch, then it doesn't really deserve bulletproof packaging.

But the Op should contact the seller regardless. It's possible the seller would rather just ship another than deal with the broken one.

*edit*
    Uh, he clearly owes you shipping as well. If you end up with nothing because he packaged the watch poorly, you shouldn't have less money than you started with. If he wants the broken watch back, he should be paying for it.
    Last edited by Likestheshiny; October 25th, 2014 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    Depends a bit on how expensive the watch was. If that's a $2 watch, then it doesn't really deserve bulletproof packaging.

But the Op should contact the seller regardless. It's possible the seller would rather just ship another than deal with the broken one.

*edit*

Uh, he clearly owes you shipping as well. If you end up with nothing because he packaged the watch poorly, you shouldn't have less money than you started with. If he wants the broken watch back, he should be paying for it.
    I would say that the fragility of the item dictates packaging requirements, not the price. Eggs are cheap but I wouldn't send one out in an envelope.
    Popoki Nui and vinylgreek like this.
    Omega | Breitling | Citizen | Tag Heuer | G-Shock | Oris | Dievas | Marathon | Seiko | Hamilton | Helbros | Sinn | Fortis

Searching the planet for: Kobold Endurance II in blue

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    You should immediately communicate with the seller and request a partial or full refund. Although a replacement crystal would normally be in the realm of possibility for a standard watch, yours has an unusual shape that might pose a serious challenge to getting replaced.
    Only if you desire sapphire crystal. A crystal, made out of mineral class, can be customized reasonably easy to fit any case.

Quote Originally Posted by OH Redhawk View Post
    I would say that the fragility of the item dictates packaging requirements, not the price. Eggs are cheap but I wouldn't send one out in an envelope.
    Exactly.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by thechrism View Post
    The one thing that's really annoyed me about the whole thing is that when the glass smashed it crushed down and bent the hands down so the right face doesn't work at all now!! Was really not impressed.

If you plan to have a reputable repair person replace the crystal they ought to be able to sort the hands on the right sub dial.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

And while you're certainly entitled to feel that way, nonetheless inexpensive watches out of China routinely come in packaging much like what the Op got. That's just how it's done. I've ordered several and never gotten better packaging, and when one broke the sender simply sent another as a replacement. Minimal packaging is part of keeping the price down, because otherwise the packaging and shipping would be worth more than the watch.

That said, as you can see from my text that you quoted, I wrote that before the Op indicated that he actually had to return the watch for a refund. If it was expensive enough to warrant being returned, then presumably it was worth packing properly in the first place. My point was just that it's not an absolute that all watches should come in bulletproof packaging -- that would make watches on the bottom end unsellable.

Thread Information