Baily Banks & Biddle

Thread: Baily Banks & Biddle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Baily Banks & Biddle

There may be some major watch sales coming down the pike, BBB is having problems and I just heard that they're closing the store near me.
    As to their other stores, I don't know, but heads up.

Re: Baily Banks & Biddle

thanks for the heads up. i bought my first swiss watch (Omega) at a BBB in the NY Metro area. i am planning on visiting a BBB this weekend to look at Omegas. That's unfortunate that they are not doing well.

Can't say I'm surprised.
    -Jarrod

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought my Baume & Mercier at the one in King of Prussia Mall, PA. Too bad. Not a good time for luxury goods I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky G View Post
    I bought my Baume & Mercier at the one in King of Prussia Mall, PA. Too bad. Not a good time for luxury goods I'm afraid.
    I bought my Breitling GMT and my PO there - they treated me well, even if it wasn't the best price.

To support the OPs point, the guy at the JE Caldwell store (owners of BB&B) in the same mall said they may be changing the name of BB&B to JE Caldwell & doing some consolidating of stores.
    "Yeah, that's a nice watch, but, um, where's the Helium Escape Valve?"

I was in BBB a few weeks ago and was told they're closing 1/2 their stores in the US, including all in Michigan. They had some pretty good discounts for all in stock items and as always, better service than the other lux watch retailer in the mall (you know the one that likes to say they're the largest watch store in the world). Only thing is, they won't/can't transfer stock from one store to another.
    [SOTC] Tag Carrera Auto (black dial on rubber strap) | Zenith Port Royal Grande Port Royal Reserve de Marche (silver guilloche dial on bracelet) | Seiko Titanium (two-tone on bracelet) | Stowa AO LE 2801 #94/100

[WISH LIST] Stowa MO Roman | Anonimo (debating between Polluce and Millimetri) | Stowa FO (the next incarnation)

Quote Originally Posted by MotownTAG View Post
    Only thing is, they won't/can't transfer stock from one store to another.
    the store in austin did transfer an ebel btr from the atlanta store for me last march. they didn't even ask for a deposit

i like this store. they always have nice people working there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky G View Post
    I bought my Baume & Mercier at the one in King of Prussia Mall, PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by SolitarySoul View Post
    I bought my Breitling GMT and my PO there - they treated me well,
    I bought my Breitling ChronoCockpit there, along with several gifts afterwards. Mindy always treated my right. I heard a few stores (Willow Grove?) in the area were closing too.

They are good people in my opinion. In late 2004 I was in Copley Place Mall in Boston and after browsing watches in Tourneau and Alpha Omega I wandered into the BBB store just to see if they had any interesting watches. In addition to new stock they had a section of trade in watches where I spotted a Breitling Old Navitimer II in great condition. I was pleasantly surprised when told the price including a two year extended warranty was only $1477.50 plus sales tax of $73.88 for a total of $1551.31. I did not hesitate to buy as I had not seen such a good price previously. Sadly the last time I was in the area the store had been closed.

Last edited by dalstott; May 26th, 2009 at 00:04.

Most of the people I've talked to at BBB have been very nice and adequately knowledgable. The sales people there are a lot more down-to-earth than the people at Tourneau. Of course, that goes for most stores.

The BBB store at Perimeter Mall in ATL has almost all of their watches for 40-60% off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information