Ball watches.. thoughts, any issues? Diver World time, thoughts
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~tc~

Thread: Ball watches.. thoughts, any issues? Diver World time, thoughts

Hi Guys,

after a receiving a nice letter form customs kindly asking for just over $2k in import tax it got me thinking of what watches I could have got for that if I had bought the watch within the EU. I have come across Ball watches a few times on the internet, and although have never actually handled one, I like the fact that they seem (I could be wrong) to make good looking watches and be a brand who are not trying to imitate or copy other brands, they dont try and pass of thier movements as inhouse and its nice to see. I like the titrium tubes they use and the fact they use ETA means that as long as there are no issues with the case spares are no issue for my watchmaker to get.

They seem to represent good bang per buck, or is this a brand to be taken with a pinch of salt?

I am particularly interested in the Diver World time as I dont have a world time watch in my collection.

Thanks!
    //Mike

Re: Ball watches.. thoughts, any issues? Diver World time, thoughts

I am a huge fan of Ball watches. I was immediately spoiled by the tritium lume.

my diver Worldtime has almost quenched my desire for other watches. I have to literally force myself to wear my other watches now ...

Check out the Ball Forum on here for more info.

Looked at a bunch of Ball watches at an AD last August. I thought they were very well made and worth the price. Some I liked the aesthetics a lot, some less so (the ones with the domed crystal didn't work for me). The bracelets were excellent- something I consider very important.

Will
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Couple shots

wtf likes this.

Think I will be retiring my GMT as my travel watch and buy the Ball as my travel watch! Rolex have great lume but nothing like the titrium tubes!

I absolutely adore my EMII Diver Worldtime... it's such a well put together watch. I love how multi-dimensional the dial is... and the bracelet has to be the most comfortable I own. It is a large watch though, so make sure your wrist can support it.

Name:  front glare.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  409.7 KBName:  front shot.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  429.9 KBName:  Lumeshot.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  151.6 KBName:  wrist shot.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  416.9 KB

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Quote Originally Posted by Ostermalm_Kangaroo View Post
    Think I will be retiring my GMT as my travel watch and buy the Ball as my travel watch! Rolex have great lume but nothing like the titrium tubes!
    I like Rolexes a lot, but I've never thought the lume (including the new chromalight) was especially bright. My superluminova C1 and C3 watches appear brighter to me, though perhaps its because the human eye sees green better than blue.

In any case, I think you'll like the Ball.

Will
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

Thread Information