BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax! - Page 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax!

Quote Originally Posted by clarken View Post
    I like it the power reserve feature is fine actually goes well with the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me, too.

Great deal. I have had success with jomashop on a variety of items purchased including a Speedy so you should have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Not that surprising. The owners have been trying to sell ML for 2 years. They owned Glycine, and that was sold to Invicta. To rather mixed response. Every ML at Jomashop is at least 2/3 off, with only one exception. Doesn't seem likely this will change.

It's a nice looking piece, but if it is actually an in-house movement, I'd be leery. Given that the company is on shaky ground, it's possible that service, 10 years from now, will be...tricky.
    This kind of reasoning puts ML in the same boat as JLC and ALS-- watch co's that sold. Or, perhaps GP, UN and Breguet-- watch companies now owned by someone other than the original source owner. I doubt that the poster has any super secret access the ML's financials anymore than to Breitling's. Should we assume that Navitimers are no longer worth the risk because Breitling was on the block?

A good price on an ML Masterpiece is pretty attractive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ML was reported to be for sale 2 years ago, by various publications. That it has not been sold, is not a positive sign in my book.

And yes, I'd be more cautious about buying in-house from Breitling until I see where the new owners plan to take it. But with Breitling, you at least know the new owners, and you have their statements to analyze. Here with ML, we have no clue what their future is.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

I'm ambivalent about power reserve dials. They don't bother me that much, but the overall design of the watch is kind of "meh." Roman numerals do nothing for me and the look is rather fuddie-duddieish.

Great deal for an attractive dress-style watch.

Apart from communicating you got a great deal, which is great for you, this thread reads like one giant add. So, I have reported it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    A lesson on how to ruin a nice dial, stick a PR on it!
    Wow--that's the first thing you say to guy who is pretty exited about his new watch? Not only insensitive, but just plain wrong.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1meout View Post
    Apart from communicating you got a great deal, which is great for you, this thread reads like one giant add. So, I have reported it as such.
    Nothing wrong with an overly exited new ML owner.

I've seen the watch for less. IIRC for €660. Prices of ML are going down since DKSH Holding AG put it up for sale. Bloomberg once titled "Maurice Lacroix watches are selling at discounts, which have reached as much as 66 percent off the list price". No suprise that Jomashop profits by ML sailing through troubled waters.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by T1meout View Post
    Now that is a truly stunning response.

I've been a member for over a year, with 474 posts and I have 239 likes received for basically a 50% ratio.

In that time I've bought over a dozen watches and assorted other toys, but this is the first one that I've basically shouted "Bargain" (though I've mentioned others favorably) not because it's my favorite, or most expensive or best deal or my most exciting but because all the others were not repeatable... they were auctions or last one NOS or whatever.

So.... I finally run into a legitimate bargain (cheaper than even eBay sellers) that is repeatable (still on sale) and my third thought is I should "give back" to WUS and share this in a post! (first thought was buy it, second though was make sure it's not junk).

And your response is to "report" the post?

Funny thing, my life is full of examples of a quote I learned as a child "No good deed goes unpunished" and my wife and mother will laugh when I verify it's even true online!

All said and done, let me be clear, I'm not upset, offended or feeling vindictive... and I'll still probably post future deals I might find (even enthusiastically) and run the risk of getting ratted out to the fuzz, dangerous fellow that I am.

I'm just stunned and amused because it's just another real-life fulfillment of that quote above, and also a great example of how anyone can be offended by anything if that's the mood their in.

Explains so much of politics, protest and lack of discourse nowadays.

PS: Did I mention they'll throw in a set of steak knifes if you act before midnight?
    Last edited by StephenCanale; August 20th, 2017 at 18:09.
    Concord ~ Corum ~ Ebel ~ Ginault ~ Maurice Lacroix ~ Omega ~ Rolex ~ Seiko ~ Tudor

Field Marshall 15,000 of Sticky Thread OoO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information