BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax!
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax!

Legitimate Bargain at Jomashop.....

I've had one eye on the Maurice Lacroix MP6807 for some time because it checks off a few of my current needs:

• Larger size and easy to read - at 40mm it's not considered large per se, but there's no external bezel, so the dial is quite large.
    • Intricate dial with good details and contrast - the silver metal dial is textured (guilloche) in the center ring, polished on the outer ring, with applied gold-tone roman numbers. Combined with gold-tone hands it provide enough contrast to be easily readable but without being brash or loud, and I like the understated style in my collection.
    • Power Reserve Indicator - Not everyone is a fan (for some odd reason) but most mechanical watches keep better time when closer to a full wind, and the reserve indicator also helps insure your winder (if you use one) is set to the appropriate turns-per-day so I very much like this complication.
    • SS Deployment Bracelet - I try to balance my collection between leather and bracelets, and this is just what I was looking for right now. A really nice part of this bracelet is that two of the 5 rows in the pattern have beveled edges that catch the light nicely and dresses up the look just a bit.
    • Exhibition Case-back - Just a personal preference, I like to see the rotor is freely spinning and like to actually see the movement when possible... not a requirement but a plus.

List price is largely irrelevant with ML but Overstock was selling it for $2,499, World of Watches for $2,976 and Prestige Time offered it on "Sale" for $2,350 so when I noticed it on JomaShop a while back closer to $1,500 I started to pay some attention.

It recently dropped to $999 with free shipping and no tax (at least for most destinations) and I finally pulled the trigger. That's less than even any offered on eBay or Chrono24!

It arrived quickly seems to be a solid watch, and my Lepsi Scope clocked it at +5.6s per day (Calibre ML 113 is Base ETA 2897) and an amplitude of 244 with the crown at 3 o'clock so it's a deal worth sharing!

https://www.jomashop.com/maurice-lac...ss002-111.html

If you search on just the model number MP6807 you'll find a few other variations, including the leather strap, blue hands or black dial, but the one I linked above is by far the best deal.

Photos of mine so you know what you're getting:

Name:  Maurice Lacroix MP6807 (4).JPG
Views: 360
Size:  713.6 KB
    Name:  Maurice Lacroix MP6807 (6).JPG
Views: 375
Size:  873.7 KB
    Name:  Maurice Lacroix MP6807 (3).JPG
Views: 380
Size:  1.31 MB
    Name:  Maurice Lacroix MP6807 (7).JPG
Views: 363
Size:  928.5 KB
    Last edited by StephenCanale; August 20th, 2017 at 18:19. Reason: Adding movement for reference
    slcbbrown likes this.
    Concord ~ Corum ~ Ebel ~ Ginault ~ Maurice Lacroix ~ Omega ~ Rolex ~ Seiko ~ Tudor

Field Marshall 15,000 of Sticky Thread OoO

Unhappy Re: BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax!

A lesson on how to ruin a nice dial, stick a PR on it!
    VicLeChic and V.I.T. like this.

Re: BARGAIN: Maurice Lacroix MP6807 @ Jomashop for $999 - Free shipping/No tax!

I like it the power reserve feature is fine actually goes well with the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    slcbbrown likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    A lesson on how to ruin a nice dial, stick a PR on it!
    Amusingly, I wouldn't have bought it without the Power Reserve indicator.... it was one of my requirements.

You can get the same face with a sub-seconds dial instead for $104 less:
    https://www.jomashop.com/maurice-lac...ss002-111.html

If that appeals to you.
    slcbbrown, rdigate and VicLeChic like this.
    Concord ~ Corum ~ Ebel ~ Ginault ~ Maurice Lacroix ~ Omega ~ Rolex ~ Seiko ~ Tudor

Not that surprising. The owners have been trying to sell ML for 2 years. They owned Glycine, and that was sold to Invicta. To rather mixed response. Every ML at Jomashop is at least 2/3 off, with only one exception. Doesn't seem likely this will change.

It's a nice looking piece, but if it is actually an in-house movement, I'd be leery. Given that the company is on shaky ground, it's possible that service, 10 years from now, will be...tricky.
    slcbbrown and rdigate like this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    It's a nice looking piece, but if it is actually an in-house movement, I'd be leery. Given that the company is on shaky ground, it's possible that service, 10 years from now, will be...tricky.
    ML 113 is a Base ETA 2897

It's most likely an ETA 2897.
    Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Not that surprising. The owners have been trying to sell ML for 2 years. They owned Glycine, and that was sold to Invicta. To rather mixed response. Every ML at Jomashop is at least 2/3 off, with only one exception. Doesn't seem likely this will change.

That's a smokin' deal!
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I prefer Remy Lacroix TBH
    Last edited by 6R15; August 20th, 2017 at 00:11.
    davelemi likes this.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Reason for the comment was, watch-wiki states they used mostly ebauches, but were trying to transition to in-house. The ML 158 is used in the small-seconds. PR of 38 hours suggests it's not a 289x; leaves the door open for a 2824, tho. Vis:

https://www.jomashop.com/maurice-lac...ss001-110.html
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information