Bathy's Bomb-Timer???

Thread: Bathy's Bomb-Timer???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bathy's Bomb-Timer???

I believe this item was last mentioned here in May of 2010 with no resolution. Does anyone know if this watch design is still a viable production item for the company?
    Caveat lector

Re: Bathy's Bomb-Timer???

Quote Originally Posted by NWP627 View Post
    I believe this item was last mentioned here in May of 2010 with no resolution. Does anyone know if this watch design is still a viable production item for the company?
    Anyone dumb enough to give a name like that to a watch in today's world situation was probably spirited away to one of those rendition countries and will never be heard from again.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Anyone dumb enough to give a name like that to a watch in today's world situation was probably spirited away to one of those rendition countries and will never be heard from again.
    You should take a look at the history of the watch before jumping to that conclusion. There's a good, historical, reason for the name and the watch itself.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You should take a look at the history of the watch before jumping to that conclusion. There's a good, historical, reason for the name and the watch itself.
    I'm aware of it, but still think it's a dumb name for a watch in today's world situation. I can't imagine walking through an airport security line with a watch that says "Bomb Timer".
    Last edited by Sodiac; March 13th, 2011 at 00:46.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Good question. Last I heard it was supposed to be released in early 2011 so maybe it will be released soon. Interesting watch and very unique.

Regards,

Richard

I like the watch. But it seems the price point is kinda high for me. The name would be a deal breaker for me. I dont think I could easily flip the watch esp. to someone outside the CONUS and have the watch go smoothly thru customs.

Yes, I know i shouldnt be thinking of selling a watch I havent even brought. Its a nice watch but I wouldnt call it an automatic keeper.
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

Banned

Problem selling outside CONUS ?

It would sell like a flash to Afganistan...!

On a more serious note, I never had a Security officer at an airport closely inspect any of my watches.
    Unless this scenario happends:

Security officer:
    Sir, please take off your watch and place it in the plastic tray

You, slightly drunk after wasting time and money at the bar in the airport:
    What? I did not hear you clearly. Do you mean my BombTimer?

Nor do you need to tell the whole name when FedExing it.
    Last edited by Janne; March 13th, 2011 at 01:45.

I really like the design on a "wow that looks cool and has history" basis, but couldnt ever see me wearing it. Just too much of a statement for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Problem selling outside CONUS ?

It would sell like a flash to Afganistan...!

On a more serious note, I never had a Security officer at an airport closely inspect any of my watches.
    Unless this scenario happends:

Security officer:
    Sir, please take off your watch and place it in the plastic tray

You, slightly drunk after wasting time and money at the bar in the airport:
    What? I did not hear you clearly. Do you mean my BombTimer?

Nor do you need to tell the whole name when FedExing it.
    Haha.... I did have one give me a hard time about my peli case and its 3 watches. He stopped after I told him what was in there, serial numbers of the LE models, and how long I had had them for. Im guessing he'll be talking about the "kid with a huge box of watches" for a while......
    Cheers,
    Mike

Banned

OT:
    I just need to tell a cool thing:
    Last year, while visiting Central Europe, I bought 3 large (approx 1200 gram each) Hungarian salamis (PICK - the absolute top in flavour!!) in my handluggage.
    As my flight was from UK to Miami, change aircraft to Grand Cayman, I had to go out from the International zone, and go back into the International zone (WHY?? Hate Miami.) including Security.
    The Officer checking the X-ray machine stopped the conveyor belt, and called for another Officer. Then they called a third one, the boss. He told me that I had 3 Salamis, or 3 large sticks of Plastic Explosives, they could not see which.
    He took my bag and myself to a different area, and I had to witness the unpacking.
    Yep, PICK salami.
    He told me that due to the fatcontent the signature for salami is the same as for P.Expl..

Just to reassure him, (I did not want them to confiscate the delicacies) I took a bite of all three to show him it was Salami. He even sniffed it, but declined a slice to taste.
    I got through. I am happy the security is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    I'm aware of it, but still think it's a dumb name for a watch in today's world situation. I can't imagine walking through an airport security line with a watch that says "Bomb Timer".
    I travel often both domestic and international and have never had nor have I ever witnessed a member of the TSA, or any law enforcement agency for that matter, read the writing on my or anyone else's watch dial! As mentioned above the watch's name and design have historic precedence.
    N
    Caveat lector

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information