Baume Mercier Classima Executive 8735

Thread: Baume Mercier Classima Executive 8735

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Baume Mercier Classima Executive 8735

I've posted about this watch before but never in a thread dedicate to Baume & Mercier Classima Executive.

This is my favorite dress watch. I've looked at thousands of watches in stores in New York, London, Tokyo and Las Vegas and I have not found any dress watch that I like more than this one. I wear more sports watches than dress watches, but I find some reason to wear this at least once a month.

At least one other forum member has this same watch and others have other models in this series. Share your photos and reviews.

Re: Baume Mercier Classima Executive 8735

Very elegant looking~Cheers!

Stunning !
    Are you watching closely?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog:
    http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/
    Instagram: @crazystrobist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very elegant watch - this was one I considered before finally deciding on the 8591.

IK

Baume Mercier Classima Executives 8591 | Hublot MDM Depose | Rolex OysterDate Preicision | Omega Constellation | Steinhart Nav BUhr II Automatik | Steinhard Marine Chronometer | Tissot Le Locle Automatic | Tissot PRS516 | Casio G-Shock | Casio Protrek | Seiko 5 Sports Automatic | Seiko Titanium Chronograph | Akribos XXIV DaVinci | Stuhrling Symphony Maestro II | Ardath (model unknown)

I like mine too! The problem is that I also have a Stowa Marine Original Roman. When I stand at the dresser in the morning, I usually pic the Stowa.

Rob

A beautiful watch! I have always loved the B&M Classima Executives line, but have been yearning for one with a manual wind and no date!
    How come I never noticed this line until now? I looked on the B&M website, but not there. Will go into my AD and see if they might have one.
    BTW, do you know what the base movement is in the watch?
    Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

v76

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    A beautiful watch! I have always loved the B&M Classima Executives line, but have been yearning for one with a manual wind and no date!
    How come I never noticed this line until now? I looked on the B&M website, but not there. Will go into my AD and see if they might have one.
    BTW, do you know what the base movement is in the watch?
    Cheers,
    Carl
    The base movement is a Unitas 6498. I would prefer the Stowa Marine Original in that case, since it costs a lot less (with the same movement, and the decoration). Even better, I can get the swan-neck regulator option for the Stowa (or Tourby, or plenty of others that use the 6498 in its various grades).
    Last edited by v76; October 1st, 2010 at 17:00.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

this is not a 6498-1

it is the higher quality 6498-2 with some nice updates (+10h power reserve, high beat 21.600 A/h, top accuracy regulated in different positions)

We use this movement too... and is´t stunning.

but our swan neck movements (and STOWA too) are with 6498-1 caliber... not with the 6498-2

The B&M is not cheap... but the price is accetable... it´s a luxury brand with a lot of reputations and marketing costs...

v76

Thanks for the clarification - I didn't notice whether it was the -1 or -2 version, mustn't post before a close look, never learn that lesson

I do agree, the -2 is better due to the upgrades and no knock on B&M for using it. Some of their designs are nice/original too - I like the Hampton and Riviera lines. Classima appears a bit ... bleh ... to me.

I just think that when you pay that kind of money, you should be able to get in-house (eg. Seiko, base Zenith models) or some extensive modifications to the movement (eg. what Damasko proposes to do). With Nomos, the line's a bit fuzzy but I'd say enough modifications to the Peseux to call it in-house.

I know B&M is a brand with a lot of history, even though they've never been a true "manufacture" they atleast modified and finished standard ebauches exquisitely in the past ... now, not so much, I believe. Vintages ... I've seen some stunning B&Ms I'd love to own.

Rant over ...
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Thanks for all the replies to my post this morning! I really have been meaning to get a manual wind watch for a long time, and have looked at many models. I guess it was the aesthetics and detail on the B&M that really got me.
    I will have another look at all of them, though. I guess the B&M 8735 is no longer in production. My AD carries them, so I will pay a visit.
    Nomos, Tourby etc and other German brands, I can't really see in person locally. That makes it a bit difficult to choose.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information