Baume & Mercier Hampton Quartz 65562

Thread: Baume & Mercier Hampton Quartz 65562

This is a rather dumb question but I picked up a Stainless Steel Baume & Mercier Hampton Quartz model #65562 for $75. In researching the watch I see several references saying this being a ladies watch. It was purchased from a man's estate who passed away. It is a 40mmX30mm watch so it is large. The only thing unusual is the date is at the 4 o'clock window. Does this make this a ladies watch? I'm selling it so I want to make sure I call it correctly. Unisex seems best but would like your Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Baume & Mercier Hampton Quartz 65562

I think unisex would probably be a fine way to put it. I assume 40mm is including the lugs? Is the 30mm including the crown or not?

There's nothing about date placement that determines that one way or the other. Usually it's size as the main determinant, but even then different makers use different standards. (Other things that factor into the classification may be color, gemstones, or something of the overall style.)

The current B&M men's Hampton watches are 31mm wide, so not much more. But they are 47mm in the long direction.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    I think unisex would probably be a fine way to put it. I assume 40mm is including the lugs? Is the 30mm including the crown or not?

There's nothing about date placement that determines that one way or the other. Usually it's size as the main determinant, but even then different makers use different standards. (Other things that factor into the classification may be color, gemstones, or something of the overall style.)

The current B&M men's Hampton watches are 31mm wide, so not much more. But they are 47mm in the long direction.
    Thank you

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK so my bargain is not such a bargain. I put a battery in and it is not working. I got a quote for $279 to repair and to pressure test it back to factory specs. Any opinions on whether it's even worth the cost to repair? I believe it is an ETA F05.111 movement.

The movement is $25, you'll need to move the date wheel from the existing movement to a new one to match (so, more labor cost) and then the general cost of replacing the movement which probably shouldn't cost $250.

It might be worth extra for an actual good polish/service/pressure test, but you'd have to sell it for >$400 for it to be worth your time at the current repair cost. That's only likely if it's in excellent condition. It's probably fair to say unisex, but perhaps skewing a little bit more to a ladies' watch at which point getting the $$$ is going to be harder.

At least that particular one is relatively unisex in color.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by OvrSteer View Post
    The movement is $25, you'll need to move the date wheel from the existing movement to a new one to match (so, more labor cost) and then the general cost of replacing the movement which probably shouldn't cost $250.

It might be worth extra for an actual good polish/service/pressure test, but you'd have to sell it for >$400 for it to be worth your time at the current repair cost. That's only likely if it's in excellent condition. It's probably fair to say unisex, but perhaps skewing a little bit more to a ladies' watch at which point getting the $$$ is going to be harder.

At least that particular one is relatively unisex in color.
    Thanks. I'm going to cut my losses and sell as a parts watch.

Thread Information