Beautiful Face
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beautiful Face

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beautiful Face

I saw this rather lovely Chopard in a jewelers yesterday, it instantly caught my eye with its machined turned face. But it wasn't cheap nor in the best condition, I was wondering whether anyone has seen this type of finish on any-other slightly more affordable watches?? I like unusual watches and this one defiantly stood out. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attachment 977058

Re: Beautiful Face

Looks like a 'boy racer' type of watch, especially being marked 'maglia' and with the 'tyre tread' strap. I must agree, it is a rather nice looker.

Inactive

I have no doubt it's very nice in person. However it looks a little "Cartoony" in the picture. If the price is right pick it up. And don't forget to post us some wrist shots.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is very flash, but sometimes you have to be.. its a nice size aswell, maybe 38/40 mm. Have skinny wirsts.. it was to expensive though, I've got my eyes on a Meistersinger :)

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    It is very flash, but sometimes you have to be.. its a nice size aswell, maybe 38/40 mm. Have skinny wirsts.. it was to expensive though, I've got my eyes on a Meistersinger :)
    Nice. Be sure to keep us posted. Have to say Meistersinger watches look very nice. Not my style mind you, but I wouldn't turn one down. I'm die hard bracelet and durability is my fetish. All told if given half a chance I would wear one of those one handed beauties. Cheers.

Banned

Chopard Mille Miglia watches are well respected COSC chronometers. The line has been in production since 1988 reflecting the involvement of the owners in motor sports. The tire tread rubber straps are a hallmark of the model line. A different model is introduced every year as a limited edition, usually of 250 pieces. I believe the one you pictured was a 2010 release.
    AAMC likes this.

Thanks for the info Marchone, I didn't realize they were made in such small numbers. If its still there next week I'll have to see if its numbered as such. I am a bit of a petrolhead, and see them advertised quite a bit. But the only ones I have seen are named "XL" and are, as the name suggests, huge!! This made it stand out as been even more unusual to me.
    marchone likes this.

It looks hard to read the way the light bounces off of the dial work.

If that watch really "speaks" to you and the price seems right for the brand and condition then by all means go for it. If you buy a watch from a different company with a similar dial treatment that is what it will be. It will never be a replacement for the Chopard in your eyes.
    Last edited by John MS; February 19th, 2013 at 01:03.

Banned

The MM movement is a decorated Chronometre grade ETA/Valjoux 7750. The strap is patterned after an historic Dunlop tread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information