Bell & Ross finish is worn

Thread: Bell & Ross finish is worn

Bell & Ross finish is worn

Hey guys, I am looking at a used Bell & Ross BR03-92 with black case. Some of the black finish around the outter esge of the crystal is worn and i would like to have that fixed. Anybody else had this done before and is it expensive?

Re: Bell & Ross finish is worn

I’m not qualified to answer, but maybe I can get the ball rolling for ya’. I seem to recall reading it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 to refinish a pvd case (I may be way off base and I’m sure there are variables to be considered). You should be able to email B&R for a price, and if you do a google/WUS search you’ll find some independent shops that I’m sure will be happy to give you a quote. Maybe search the forums to get a feel for who comes highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylafleur View Post
    Hey guys, I am looking at a used Bell & Ross BR03-92 with black case. Some of the black finish around the outter esge of the crystal is worn and i would like to have that fixed. Anybody else had this done before and is it expensive?
    There are several independent watch service houses that will refinish your watch in PVD or Cerakote (ceramic based). Motor City Watch Works comes to mind. Expect to pay $150 - $300 depending on a number of factors.

That being said, I would not invest in any Bell&Ross.
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Another reason to stay away from gold and black plated cases.

Thats kind of what i was expecting. Thanks for the great info!

In my experience, DLC holds up MUCH better than the old PVD process. I like a few B&R. But it cheaped-out with PVD.

Do not buy it. Something better will come along.

Thread Information