Benarus Megalodon

Thread: Benarus Megalodon

Benarus Megalodon

Have a question I currently own a breitling Emergency mission and am looking for another watch of the same size, I was interested in a Serket Reef Diver but they are sold out. I like the Benarus Megalodon but was wondering how comfortable it is. My Breitling is a great watch but not a knock around watch also is not the most comfortable for everyday wearing. Any ideas if the Benarus is more comfortable as the size is similar. Thanks for any suggestions. Cheers!

Re: Benarus Megalodon

I'm sitting here with my Megalodon which I have had for about a month now. It really is a huge, heavy and thick watch! I was comparing it with a couple of co-workers watches last week, one had the Breitling Emergency and another had a titanium Tissot. The Megalodon dwarfs the Breitling and the Tissot felt like a cheap plastic toy next to it. I have no problems wearing mine all day, and most of the time I'm not aware of it on my wrist. Only when I sit and concentrate on it do I really realize how big and heavy it is. It doesn't look out of place on my wrist IMO, but I have fairly large arms and 7 1/2" wrists. The Megalodon also has the best/brightest lume out of all my watches.

Side by side comparison. They both look similar in size in the photos, but the Megalodon is almost twice as heavy as the Breitling.
    [IMG][/IMG]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You have the same Emergency as I do. How do you find it for comfort in comparison the the Breitling. I know the Breitling is a heavier watch as mine is not Titanium at all. I like the weight of the Breitling that is not an issue but I find compared to some other large watches it does not fit or wear as comfortable mainly due to the huge side knobs. I find they dig into the top of my hand when it is flexed. It may be because my wrist size is in between the link setting. One less link and it would be too tight but how it is now may be a little loose. Do you find the same thing and which do you find more comfortable? Great looking watches by the way! Cheers!

This is exact problem I've been having ever since I found out about boutique diver watches. They all look good and pretty limited in production #s but my dilemma is that I can't try it on before making the purchase!

The Breitling Emergency is not mine. I just borrowed it from a co-worker for the picture comparison, so I can't comment on it's comfort issues. The Megalodon, although heavy, has rounded edges and the the crown at the 4 o'clock position so to me it is very comfortable.

Thanks Nitro for the pic for comparison and your input it was very helpful. Now I will have to get my name on the list for the pre-order of version 3. Cheers much appreciated!

don't worry about that , the Benarus is a very good and liquid investment.
    if you don't like it for some reason you sell it easily to an happy forum member

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro470 View Post
    I'm sitting here with my Megalodon which I have had for about a month now. It really is a huge, heavy and thick watch! I was comparing it with a couple of co-workers watches last week, one had the Breitling Emergency and another had a titanium Tissot. The Megalodon dwarfs the Breitling and the Tissot felt like a cheap plastic toy next to it. I have no problems wearing mine all day, and most of the time I'm not aware of it on my wrist. Only when I sit and concentrate on it do I really realize how big and heavy it is. It doesn't look out of place on my wrist IMO, but I have fairly large arms and 7 1/2" wrists. The Megalodon also has the best/brightest lume out of all my watches.

MEGALODON is the besy watch available for the price, or any price close!!

Yep My Meg 2 wears beautifully but i do have biggish wrists, not tried it without the bracelet.

Thread Information