Bertucci watches caseback query
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By askew

Thread: Bertucci watches caseback query

Bertucci watches caseback query

Does anyone know how the textual information on the caseback of Bertucci watches is applied?

It isn’t stamped that’s for sure, as it feels slightly raised, and has what I can only describe as a “furry” texture to it.

It doesn’t seem all that permanent, either, as if likely to wear away as time progresses.

Re: Bertucci watches caseback query

To posit an answer to my own question, I think they use laser engraving or something similar.

I have a Bertucci watch and the caseback looks like it could have been done using laser etching rather than laser engraving. The former process results in the text/image that is being lasered becoming slightly raised and in relief to the background material.

Here is a description of the differences between laser engraving and laser etching:

“For example, laser engraving cuts a cavity through the material’s surface leaving a cavity that reveals an image or writing at eye level that is noticeable to the touch as well. Laser etching on the other hand basically sweeps away a top layer of material without cutting into the metal and creating a crevice.”

https://www.engravers.com/etching-vs-engraving

And here is another description of laser etching:

“Laser Etching is a subset of Laser Engraving. In this particular case, the heat from the beam is not used to vaporize the matter, but to melt it. It is mostly used on metals, and will expand the material by creating a raised cavity. It thus modifies its characteristics, such as its reflectivity, and will create a contrast with its surroundings.

https://www.sculpteo.com/en/glossary...ng-definition/

I don’t like the use of laser etching on watch casebacks as they make the casebacks feel like they have been covered in fine dust or grit particles. Probably why you use the word “furry” to describe this.

Bertucci probably use this process because it’s cheaper and quicker than the traditional methods.
    orian likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks.

Some helpful information there.

Thread Information