Best Bang for your Buck for around $3k (factoring in prestige, mechanics, resale, durability, etc)?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best Bang for your Buck for around $3k (factoring in prestige, mechanics, resale, durability, etc)?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best Bang for your Buck for around $3k (factoring in prestige, mechanics, resale, durability, etc)?

Hello,

Wife’s going to purchase a watch for me and is looking for some direction. Funny I need some direction as well…from you guys!

Factoring in prestige, internal mechanics, resale, reputation, durability, etc, which watch (or brand) do you think delivers the most Bang for your Buck for around $3,000?
    I know some of this is subjective (e.g., prestige), whereas others are not (durability).

I’m never been a big Tag fan. I’m leaning towards Omega. I’m open to smaller boutique watch makers as well (Bremont).
    I’m leaning towards diver, or pilot styled watch
    The price limit is around $3,000.
    A case that’s 43-45mm

I guess I’m trying to find that right balance of investing in a quality watch, that has a good reputation/prestige factor. At the same time not spending an “extra-extraordinary” amount for just a “name”.

Thanks,
    P

Adrift on an elliptical orbit around the interwebs

Re: Best Bang for your Buck for around $3k (factoring in prestige, mechanics, resale, durability, et

Are you open to the idea of a pre-loved/pre-owned watch? That would expand your budget into the $5K arena, and with the right purchase allow you to recover the sales price at a future date as someone else would have already taken the depreciation hit for you...

If the answer to the above is "yes," I would show her how to navigate the classified and sales forums here on WUS. And make sure she seeks out one that has been recently serviced... Not much else can buzzkill an otherwise good score by taking delivery of a watch only to find out you have to cover the cost of servicing before you can enjoy wearing it.
    "…the kids in Africa would want me to have the watch."
    -David Thorne, 2011

Re: Best Bang for your Buck for around $3k (factoring in prestige, mechanics, resale, durability, et

Excellent idea! I think she's leaning towards new, BUT may consider pre-owned. Come on guys, what are your recommendations?! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pre owned Planet Ocean on a bracelet would definately be my choice, no better watch out there for the money IMHO.

I definitely love the idea of a Planet Ocean XL. Great watch.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I just picked up a preowned (99%) Panerai PAM112M for about 30% over your current budget, but my god I could not be happier and am way happier than if I would have spent the same or a bit less on a new Tag/Omega (I have a Speedmaster Automatic that my dad passed down to me about a year ago).

Omega Speedmaster Pro Moon is worth to mention.
    drewmcd24 likes this.

Specific picks:
    Bremont Solo
    Sinn 857
    Nomos Orion
    Muhle SAR chrono

Some are a tad above your price point, but worth a bit more IMO.

Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.

Damasko DC65Si/66Si or the new Central Minute Chrono. Quality/durability is unmatched, super hard case, Silicone excapement that never needs to be oiled, pilots style. Resale is pretty good too.

Slightly above your price ($3800) but worth well more than that in my opinion. The center minute version (still based on the 7750) isn't out yet, and will probably push over the $4000 mark.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

Speedy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information