Best designs by mid-range brand? - Page 3
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Best designs by mid-range brand?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    NOMOS.

  2. #22
    JwY
    JwY is offline
    Member JwY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    Longines and Tudor. I'm surprised no one mentioned Tudor yet. They have been pumping out some really nice stuff lately.
    Mediocre likes this.

  3. #23
    Member Arthur M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    Quote Originally Posted by brrrdn View Post
    That's ultra luxury. Rolex is luxury. $10k Sub is not mid range. YMMV.
    Luxury is a subjective characteristic and tends to be anything above what is palatable for the average joe, anywhere from a tag heuer all the way to a 500,000 Richard Mille. A 10k sub is still not playing with the big boys in the watch world. Rolex is firmly in the upper mid-tier, below JLC.
    T1meout likes this.
    "Aimez les montres"
    -Philippe Peverelli

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Member dbostedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,331

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    I kind of wish we could start this thread over with a price range (like a typical price for the whole brand) rather than the term "mid-range"... The OP obviously meant the low end of what 99% of the people out there would call "expensive". That's Hamilton, Longines, Tissot, Stowa, Sinn, etc... average prices from $500 - $3000 might be a good way to characterize them?

    I was going to, as usual, suggest Epos since I like so many of their designs... but they also have a bunch I don't really like.

    Eh... I'll still throw this pic out there since I never see them on here :

    Name:  3360_4_small.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  60.5 KB
    Mediocre likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

  6. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,629

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur M View Post
    Rolex is firmly in the upper mid-tier, below JLC.
    JLC is one of the pesky ones to nail down, some solidly mid-tier pieces and some incredible HH pieces. Rolex is one that is pretty easy to define since they essentially never bother with HH. Strangely one looks over at Tag and sees the average piece is well below Rolex and then BAM they have some of the greatest and coolest chronographs in the world commanding 6 figures.

  7. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,629

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    I was going to, as usual, suggest Epos since I like so many of their designs... but they also have a bunch I don't really like.
    I like brands that I find both love and hate in the catalog, it means they are trying. Rolex (good for their bottom line it seems) is so incremental with visual changes that a new bezel color is met at Basel by the singing of a choir of angels with cornets adorning their heads.
    cpl likes this.

  8. #27
    Member Arthur M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    JLC is one of the pesky ones to nail down, some solidly mid-tier pieces and some incredible HH pieces. Rolex is one that is pretty easy to define since they essentially never bother with HH. Strangely one looks over at Tag and sees the average piece is well below Rolex and then BAM they have some of the greatest and coolest chronographs in the world commanding 6 figures.
    It isn't their main target demographic, so I would just count it as Tag showing they can do High end watch making. They tend to compete with Omega, Rolex, Tudor, B&M, FC and longines to a lesser extent. But yeah, they are some of the coolest Chronos I've ever seen and some really innovative stuff.
    "Aimez les montres"
    -Philippe Peverelli

  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,574

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    I think IWC has the best mid range designs. I like IWC's collection overall more than any other brand. I'd put Omega second. Longines has some nice designs, but they're below mid-range. I'm not really a fan of Rolex outside the Submariner.
    ilitig8 and T1meout like this.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |

  10. #29
    Member Ajax_Drakos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    I kind of wish we could start this thread over with a price range (like a typical price for the whole brand) rather than the term "mid-range"... The OP obviously meant the low end of what 99% of the people out there would call "expensive". That's Hamilton, Longines, Tissot, Stowa, Sinn, etc... average prices from $500 - $3000 might be a good way to characterize them?

    I was going to, as usual, suggest Epos since I like so many of their designs... but they also have a bunch I don't really like.

    Eh... I'll still throw this pic out there since I never see them on here :

    Name:  3360_4_small.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  60.5 KB
    I think $500 to $3000 is pretty fair. That's mid-range in my mind.

    I completely forgot about Epos, by the way. Some of their stuff is extraordinarily eye-catching. One thing I like about that brand is that the folks there definitely aren't afraid to take risks.

  11. #30
    Member Ajax_Drakos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: Best designs by mid-range brand?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    I like brands that I find both love and hate in the catalog, it means they are trying. Rolex (good for their bottom line it seems) is so incremental with visual changes that a new bezel color is met at Basel by the singing of a choir of angels with cornets adorning their heads.
    That's an excellent point.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •