Best ebay time for listing
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best ebay time for listing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best ebay time for listing

For those doing auction style listings, what is your preferred time to end it? For a buy it now it really doesn't matter. I realize that it also depends on who you are selling to. Watches will be purchased mainly by adults, and the style of watch may further effect your customer base. Historically I have ended my auctions between 8-9pm Eastern on a Sunday or Monday, but I have nothing to compare to to say what is better or worse.

Re: Best ebay time for listing

Sunday, 10:00 pm Eastern for me always. That's 7:00 Pacific. Everybody's settled in and buying on ebay... so, I hope.
    rfortson and akasnowmaaan like this.

9:30 Eastern on Sunday, start on Thursday and run a 10 day auction.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This often seems to be the general feeling and I try to follow it. With my schedule, Monday is a very convenient day to list my items, at the same time 8-9pm Eastern or so. How has others experience been on that?

Auction will end at 9pm UK time on a Fri, Sat or Sunday. Most of my sales are buy it now so it doesn't really matter but if i list an auction this is the time i prefer.
    Chris.

I think it's proven that the best time to end an auction is on a Sunday evening.

Most people are home, they're bored and have time to online shop.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

FWIW, and this is anecdotal, but it seems new sales forum postings (and bumps) here on WUS see a good up-tick on Sunday evenings; So that definitely seems to be when folks have time to be online selling - I'd assume the same applies to buying.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I've sold almost $300K of stuff on Ebay. I always end my auctions 9-10pm EST on Sunday. That way you catch both East and West coast. Worst time to end auctions? During holiday rush (where everyone is driving to somewhere).

I made that mistake last time. The auction ended on Easter Sunday. Whoops. It probably went for 30- 40% less than it should have.

I started an auction at 8:45PM EST last night and I will do the same tonight (Monday). I'm not sure about the ten day auctions. Only if you have a rare item you want more people to see, otherwise they get impatient. If I'm selling Accutron watches, there are several thousand available at once. I don't think there is an advantage to the longer listing.
    broudie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin1981 View Post
    I made that mistake last time. The auction ended on Easter Sunday. Whoops. It probably went for 30- 40% less than it should have.

I started an auction at 8:45PM EST last night and I will do the same tonight (Monday). I'm not sure about the ten day auctions. Only if you have a rare item you want more people to see, otherwise they get impatient. If I'm selling Accutron watches, there are several thousand available at once. I don't think there is an advantage to the longer listing.
    There was a Speedmaster that ended up 25% less than the lowest I had ever found on Ebay that ended on the 4th of July weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information