Best GMT watch for the money between $2K-$5K
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Best GMT watch for the money between $2K-$5K

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Best GMT watch for the money between $2K-$5K

OK, so here's the deal.

I am in a buying mode again, and looking through my collection (my signature) I finally figured that I am missing a GMT watch. I don't mind spending around $2K-5K for this GMT watch (New or Pre-Owned).

So you guys out there, any good suggestions on a GMT watch to get.

I was looking through some GMT watches, and I thought these are some nice ones.

Please no Rolex

Longines Master Collection GMT

PAM 88 Pre-owned

JLC Master Geographic (Pre-owned) I can get this watch for < $5K if I am lucky

Girard Perregaux Traveller II GMT

Any thoughts or other suggestions ?
    Last edited by watchmanee; August 30th, 2009 at 03:31.

Re: Best GMT watch for the money between $2K-$5K

Get the Jaeger!

Breitling has a nice Colt GMT that should be near the middle of your budget.

Baume & Mercier - Classima Executive

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Baume & Mercier - Classima Executive
    any picture ? what movement ? B&M mostly use ETA right ?

I have a JLC Master Geographique and think it is a very versatile and well-constructed watch, and pretty much worth the asking price.

I also like the Longines Master Moonphase...

But picking "Best" GMT for the money without any other requirements than GMT will be tough... 24 hour in subdial, or 24 hour pointer hand? Other complications, or plain? Diver or aviator style, or something else?

-s-
    Vegas, baby!

Jlc !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skoochy View Post
    I have a JLC Master Geographique and think it is a very versatile and well-constructed watch, and pretty much worth the asking price.

But picking "Best" GMT for the money without any other requirements than GMT will be tough... 24 hour in subdial, or 24 hour pointer hand? Other complications, or plain? Diver or aviator style, or something else?

-s-
    I travel to Asia Pacific quite often, personal and business. Normally I just adjust my watch once I arrived and since most cities in Asia is only about 12 hour ahead of Eastern North America, it has not been a problem for me to track the time @ home.

But I never thought I needed one, until I am in the acquisition mode again :)

As long as I can track the time at home (Eastern US) and a third time zone would be great, although not necessary

Some people say that Longines Master Collection is a nice bang for the buck you can get that in the low $2K range.
    Last edited by watchmanee; August 30th, 2009 at 01:41.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmanee View Post
    I travel to Asia Pacific quite often, personal and business. Normally I just adjust my watch once I arrived and since most cities in Asia is only about 12 hour ahead of Eastern North America, it has not been a problem for me to track the time @ home.

But I never thought I needed one, until I am in the acquisition mode again :)

As long as I can track the time at home (Eastern US) and a third time zone would be great, although not necessary

Some people say that Longines Master Collection is a nice bang for the buck you can get that in the low $2K range.
    So 2nd timezone in sub-dial is probably not a good choice, as having a 3rd TZ is nice. The Master GMT is nice because you can read the time in any time zone. I like that. Hamilton could have done something similar with their cool dual-bezel GMT watches, but they don't include a 24-hour hand so that pretty much ruins the whole thing.

Personally I also like the Chanel J12 GMT (I have that) and it may be suitable for your purposes... but when a lot of people ask "best" around $5K, I tend to think along the lines of pre-owned JLC, Breguet, Blancpain, etc.

-s-
    Vegas, baby!

Exclamation Re: Best GMT watch for the money between $2K-$5K

JLC by far.
    Why do you even ask
    It is in another league...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLight View Post
    JLC by far.
    Why do you even ask
    It is in another league...
    I want something that's bang for the buck though. I know JLC is nice but then again, the Longines seems nice as well, I saw it new for $2.5K.

The thing is I don't mind spending $4-$5K but I know this GMT watch will get bang around a lot since I'll be wearing it during my long trips and flights.

And why is it that no one say anything about the PAM 88 and GP ?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information