Best looking dress/versatile watch
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best looking dress/versatile watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best looking dress/versatile watch

Its not easy to get a good looking dress watch with practical function acting as a tool watch. The art of combing both being practical(like timing bezel, lume/ lume pearl) while at the same time needs to look elegant is definitely not a easy task.

That is why I think this Bulova marine star 98C71 is winner. A very practical watch that allows it to be wore at any occasion. Usually most dress watch will not bother even with adding lume. This bulova marine star has a timing bezel showing only the 15, 30, 45 numeral while the every 5 mins mark is represent by the elegant gold strap on the bezel. The gold strap also acting as grip for easy turning of the bezel even with gloves on. Making it very practical if you really use the bezel to time some events. Day/date is bonus for giving more info for user. With 100m WR, you need not worry jumping into pool with it. Even a scuba dive with it looks possible. The lume giving user the benefit of knowing the time in dark areas..

Most importantly, if you are going for a party. I am sure this bulova shall can match up with your smart attire

This is my first bulova and I am very impressed with it. Its very well finished despite the little cost of it. Bezel turns crisply. Definitely a keeper for me!

Last edited by Triton9; February 19th, 2013 at 16:50.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Re: Best looking dress/versatile watch

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Its not easy to get a good looking dress watch with practical function acting as a tool watch. The art of combing both being practical(like timing bezel, lume/ lume pearl) while at the same time needs to look elegant is definitely not a easy task.
    Practicality and versatility are subjective; for instance, a bezel isn't practical for everyone. If I were to generalize, I would say that a bracelet, lume, date, three-hander and "decent" WR would be pretty versatile.
    "I only want to know people who are dynamic, intelligent and totally insane"

Quote Originally Posted by various121 View Post
    Practicality and versatility are subjective; for instance, a bezel isn't practical for everyone. If I were to generalize, I would say that a bracelet, lume, date, three-hander and "decent" WR would be pretty versatile.
    Shall I change to best dress/tool/ versatile watch? Bezel shall be a tool/function, right? No matter you think is essential or not....
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think you have a sport watch on a leather strap.
    Heck, It even calls itself "Marine". Not a dress watch. Period.

If that is how you choose to wear it , fine. But.........forget it, I don't want to get started again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Shall I change to best dress/tool/ versatile watch? Bezel shall be a tool/function, right? No matter you think is essential or not....
    Sounds right. My watch which falls into your category (suits to jeans to beach)...

Attachment 978549
    jt67 and XeroZeus like this.
    "I only want to know people who are dynamic, intelligent and totally insane"

I don't think you can call a watch with a bezel a dress watch. This is coming from a guy that wears a sub with suits. To answer your question, today I'd say the Aqua Terra or Ball Chronometer Red Label.

I have been struggling to find a dress watch. I don't like a traditional dress watch so anything I wear will be a compromise. I've been buying and selling to find one suitable for dress and am zeroing in on watches with sport/casual elements. My latest, and this may do it, is the UN Maxi Marine Chronograph. It has to be a chronograph, and it has to be something that will see meaningful wrist time. My aim for this piece was the croc with deployant. The deployant came yesterday.

Here it is on the blue rubber band with titanium fittings.
    Last edited by Gary123; February 19th, 2013 at 21:51.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

De gustibus non est disputandum.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

But the taste gives rise to the dilemma.

I only wondered if the OP would find it suitable.
    Last edited by Gary123; February 19th, 2013 at 21:37.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    But the taste gives rise to the dilemma.

I only wondered if the OP would find it suitable.
    Whups ... was not referring to your watch, Gary (not at all). And welcome back from the cruise.
    Gary123 likes this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information