Best place to buy batteries?

Thread: Best place to buy batteries?

Best place to buy batteries?

I need to get a battery today, so who has the best prices? Fry's ($1.99) is out of the 371 battery, Rat Shack & Walgreens want $4.99. I will not pay $4.99! Where else should I check?

Thanks,
    kev
    I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.
    Conroe, Texas

Re: Best place to buy batteries?

I get most of mine at Wal-Mart. They run $2.47 to $3.97 depending on the type. That's as inexpensive as I can find in my area.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
    I need to get a battery today, so who has the best prices? Fry's ($1.99) is out of the 371 battery, Rat Shack & Walgreens want $4.99. I will not pay $4.99! Where else should I check?

Thanks,
    kev
    Kinda depends on the battery. The common ones can be gotten at almost any store like Walmart or Target. Less common ones like the lithium used in Seiko Perpetual or the silver oxide size used in old tuning fork movements may involve an internet dealer or somehting like Batteries Plus.

Because batteries last at least 3 years and may run for a decade I don't agonize much over the price. At a price between $3.00 and $5.00 I'm not going to chase all over town trying to save a buck or two.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Kinda depends on the battery. The common ones can be gotten at almost any store like Walmart or Target. Less common ones like the lithium used in Seiko Perpetual or the silver oxide size used in old tuning fork movements may involve an internet dealer or somehting like Batteries Plus.

Because batteries last at least 3 years and may run for a decade I don't agonize much over the price. At a price between $3.00 and $5.00 I'm not going to chase all over town trying to save a buck or two.
    +1

I get the common ones (377, etc.) from Walmart, and for the rest I go to Batteries Plus. You pay a little more for the more obscure sizes, but I never need to buy more than two or three at a time so it's not such a big hit on the wallet.

Mike

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post

Thanks for your response.
    I understand the logic about price, but I am stubborn about not supporting Radio Shack's pricing. I will not chase around town, I will chase around the web!, as I am buying 4 different batteries.
    Cheers,
    kev
    I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.
    Conroe, Texas

Batteries are about $1 each on eBay, this includes shipping. I don't buy them anywhere else anymore.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Check Jules borel, they sell 6 packs for a little over $2 and individual for less than $1. I'm not sure about shipping costs for just batteries but I usually find something else to buy along with them.
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

Try ebay, you can get them in bulk for a very cheap price.

+1 for ebay. Super cheap. You just need to plan ahead.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Thread Information