Best selling watch in the market right now - Page 8
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Best selling watch in the market right now

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: Best selling watch in the market right now

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post
    An Apple watch has a thermocompensated quartz movement accurate to seconds per year if it was never to interact with a cell tower. When it is connected the combination of this movement and updates makes it accurate to 50 milliseconds at any given time. In practice that means that every second hand on every Apple watch on the planet is in sync.

So yeah its not just the best selling watch on the planet its the most accurate, unless you strap an atomic clock to your wrist.

Might add that Citizen outsells Casio both domestically and worldwide, and the best selling model from Rolex is still the Datejust, not a Sub.

As far as the best selling mechanical watch in units, for all I know it might be an Invicta with a cheap Seiko or Myota movement. In revenue it will be Rolex.

Yeah, I'd always heard the Citizen was the largest (by volume) watchmaker. They sell more watches than anyone. I'd imagine they beat the Apple Watch, too, but maybe not.

BTW, where did you find that Apple Watch has a TC quartz module? Seems sort of pointless to me since it's connected to your phone all the time.

There are some funny arguments on here. Thanks for the read.
    brandon\ likes this.

So the Apple thingamajigger can go in the pocket or on the wrist, what's the difference? On the wrist it IS a wrist watch but in the pocket it's NOT a pocket watch? WTH?

My 4-year-old has a tiny little plastic watch that cost next to nothing. It's not about timekeeping, it's about phone/text/Internet (weather,navigation etc).

not a watch. A phone/computer/smart device that fits on your wrist, just like a watch.

not a pocket watch. A phone/computer/smart device that fits in your pocket, just like a pocket watch.

If you can find a way to logically distinguish between iPhone/pocket watch v. Apple "Watch"/wrist watch I'd like to hear it.

not a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    No.

The Apple Watch was to be all of those things, not one thing with extras.
    They call it technology convergence.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

An Apple watch has a thermocompensated quartz movement accurate to seconds per year if it was never to interact with a cell tower. When it is connected the combination of this movement and updates makes it accurate to 50 milliseconds at any given time. In practice that means that every second hand on every Apple watch on the planet is in sync.

So yeah its not just the best selling watch on the planet its the most accurate, unless you strap an atomic clock to your wrist.

Might add that Citizen outsells Casio both domestically and worldwide, and the best selling model from Rolex is still the Datejust, not a Sub.

As far as the best selling mechanical watch in units, for all I know it might be an Invicta with a cheap Seiko or Myota movement. In revenue it will be Rolex.
    I personally do not care for the Apple Watch for a variety of reasons that are irrelevant here, but this is very interesting and well stated.

It looks like a watch.
    You wear it like a watch.
    It functions like a watch.
    It is a watch.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

I was hoping you would address my argument and answer my implicit question. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    It looks like a watch.
    You wear it like a watch.
    It functions like a watch.
    It is a watch.

What argument?
    You can't tell the difference between a watch and a phone, or understand the concept of convergance of technologies.

That's not on me.

You can spin all the logical fallacies you like, they remain fallacies.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Yeah, I'd always heard the Citizen was the largest (by volume) watchmaker. They sell more watches than anyone. I'd imagine they beat the Apple Watch, too, but maybe not.

BTW, where did you find that Apple Watch has a TC quartz module? Seems sort of pointless to me since it's connected to your phone all the time.
    They said it when they were designing it, said it again when they introduced it, and Ron and others over on the HAQ forum confirmed its performance off line.
    rfortson likes this.

They said it when they were designing it, said it again when they introduced it, and Ron and others over on the HAQ forum confirmed its performance off line.
    Cool, I never paid attention to it so didn't know. They don't tout it on the product page (that I saw) but then that's a fairly esoteric spec that most buyers wouldn't appreciate anyway.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rolex, they sell themselves

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information