"Best" service and support experiences?

Thread: "Best" service and support experiences?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Best" service and support experiences?

OK, so we read a lot about "bad" experiences with after-sales support and repair for watches.

I've experienced it myself and now realizing I should be paying more attention to the after-sales factor when buying a watch.

But other than finding a random post of someone's good experiences with a particular manufacturer, it's difficult to get a feel for who the good guys are, esp. when it comes to the bigger manufacturers (the boutique brands seem to be better at support).

So it would be interesting to see what others think about the brands with, the "best" overall after-sales service, support and repair experiences (especially the bigger name brands)? Things like speed of service and repair, good communications and general comfort level and experience.

Thanks - if you think this has been covered elsewhere or not worth covering here, no problem. I couldn't really find anything specific though.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Banned

Re: "Best" service and support experiences?

In January 2008 I purchased a quartz stainless steel Mark Coupe from the Center City Philadelphia Tiffany's. In May, they released the automatics and I saw them when I was there picking up a gift for Windy. Talked to my salesgirl who talked to her manager, and 1/2 hour later I returned with the quartz watch accompanied by it's box & papers. They gave me full credit for the watch towards the automatic version AND installed my croc strap which I had bought, plus let me keep the black leather strap. Tiffany's NEVER disappoints me. I end up getting a few presents a year for Windy there.

Last year I sent a JLC reference 2285 in for restoration. It was junk when I bought it - literally.

Before: Project Watch Club: JLC reference 2285

After: Project Watch Club: JLC reference 2285 "after"

Just one thing - there aren't supposed to be T's on the bottom since no tritium lume was ever on that dial. Gatorcpa and a couple others pointed that out, and when I contacted Laura at the Richemont facility in Texas about it she said to send it in and Le Sentier will rectify that for no charge. Cool, huh?

One brand that really stands out, to me is Suunto. Over the years having purchased several Suunto watches, and I have found their service and support is top notch. It's not always perfect but I do not expect them to because of the volume they deal with, but overall I am actually very impressed in the way they handle things. I have also read numerous cases where they went above and beyond what was expected from the customer. If you have a service request, they pay shipping both ways, and it's fast turnaround and excellent communication, no messing around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rolex, Cartier, Breitling and Ebel. Ebel has made a major improvement over the past few years.

ulackfocus, that is an awesome save you did. My service has been very mixed.

1) I had taken watches in to have very minor things done to them and treated like royality.

2) I had simple battery changes done they forgot to replace the gasket.

3) I've taken my sub in for routine service and was only charged $175 for service. I thought was an awesome deal but I now wonder what exactly did I get for my $175.

We have only one trained watchmaker in my area that all the jewerly stores used. I know for a fact that all automatics in town go to him. The thing the burns me is the price difference that are charges for his service. He told me he charges store the same but get upset when they mark up his prices 200-300%.

I've been trying to elimate the middleman and use him directly but it hasn't happen yet. But I'm working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    I<...snipped...>

Last year I sent a JLC reference 2285 in for restoration. It was junk when I bought it - literally.

Before: Project Watch Club: JLC reference 2285

After: Project Watch Club: JLC reference 2285 "after"

<...snipped...>
    WoW! Now that is a story! Unreal before/after photos. A beautiful watch saved from the dead! GREAT service story! Thanks!

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

I got my RGM serviced and got very good service.

I got my IWC serviced through Tourneau and also got very good service and at reasonable cost to boot.
    Tourneau will offer 1 year store warranty for any work that is done through them. (I do not know what it is worth, but it is something)
    Chronic flipper...

'Heavens to Mergatroid', something positive about Tourneau.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    I got my RGM serviced and got very good service.

I got my IWC serviced through Tourneau and also got very good service and at reasonable cost to boot.
    Tourneau will offer 1 year store warranty for any work that is done through them. (I do not know what it is worth, but it is something)

Casio... They usually do not repair but give a new watch instead

(Based on my experiences 2x)
    For sale --> | TAG HEUER Link Chrono Professional | CASIO G-511D

From my forum perusing it seems that all of the big players are pretty similar in customer service and somewhat YMMV with people experiencing anything from excellent to horrid customer service directly from the manufacturer or the AD.

All in all if customer service is ranked high on your list, look no further than a boutique brand. Out of all of my boutique watches, I am by far the most pleased with Lum-Tec. I'm not even sure if their warranty is even transferrable but Chris never asked me. Without questioning, he simply sent me a return form and does his magic in a week. Simply amazing.
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
    Purchase free since: 4/1/15 (subject to change)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information