Best watch for every occasion?
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Best watch for every occasion?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hi guys,
    I met a friend for a coffee the other day and it was just after he'd been to the gym. As he was running late he didn't shower and instead just came into the cafe in gym clothes. As he sat down he pulled on a hoodie and then slipped on an omega speedmaster professional.
    Now, this might ordinarily look out of place with such attire but I have to say he pulled it off well. It reminded me of how Rodger Federer always puts on his Rolex Oyster as soon as he finishes a match. I personally think, as he was clearly just out of the gym, the speedy looked superb with his sports clothes! To me it looked like a cherished item that he was eager to put back on as soon as he could.
    A lot of you may also have read the article, linked in another thread, about the guy with the battered rolex who had worn it constantly for nearly 40 years. Whether appropriate or not its another example of 'one watch for every occasion'.

So this got me thinking, what do you guys think is the best watch for every occasion? I know some of you might not think a speedy is an appropriate dress watch but personally I think it looks great with a suit. I guess this is a slightly different slant on the 'one watch for life' threads, but I'm very interested to hear everyone's choices. I'm asking for completely subjective personal option, so there are no wrong answers!

Attachment 972798
    Last edited by Ka-kui; February 15th, 2013 at 00:12.
    MrCairo likes this.

Re: Best watch for every occasion?

Whilst this has been discussed ad nauseum I think it's a fun topic, though I'd imagine you'll get lots of the same answers: Submariner, Aqua Terra...

If you want something that goes with absolutely everything, I've never owned either but based on looks and other members opinions I'd probably pick either a Rolex Explorer or an Omega AT.
    My Watches: Seiko Orange Monster, Orient cex0r001w, Prometheus Baiji, '84 Seiko 6309-7040, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical Field Officer's 44mm, Hamilton Pan Europ Silver, Longines Hydroconquest 41mm Blue, WUS Russian Forum Vostok 5/6 Commemorative Amphibia, Sterile 6497 Flieger, 1958 Vostok Kama, Vintage Orient King Diver, Vostok Zissou Ministry, Raven Deep Tech Vintage Blue, Rado Diastar Original Diver Blue, Helson Gauge Steel 5-60 dial
    Preordered- Helberg CH6
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

My Speedmaster Pro is my favorite all around go to watch. I have others I rotate and enjoy but I always find myself coming back to my Speedy.

I think the same answers are for good reason. Those watches are the classics.
    Last edited by marchone; February 15th, 2013 at 00:26.
    CCJ likes this.

I'd add grand Seiko too

Attachment 972805
    UseVisine likes this.

Hmmm,

Nautilus 5711/1a? Sporty, dress, 12atm, ed.
    Feel free to check out and make comments on my photo's: Click to see most of my watches!

Stepping outside the usual "aqua terra, Rolex XYZ..." suggestions, I think this one goes from dressy to sporty quite well
    Breitling Transocean Chronograph

marchone, CCJ and The Naf like this.

CCJ

I don't own one, but is this sub dressy enough to fit the bill?

(From Rolex site)
    Stellite likes this.
    * Ω Omega Speedmaster 3570.50 * Scurfa Diver One * Butler J80 Pilot Chronograph * Stowa Flieger 40 *

Banned

The Breitling Transocean Chronograph B01 has really been growing on me but I've long been partial to chronographs. Speedmaster Pro, El Primero Pilot, Breitling Transocean are all must haves in any modern chrono collection. Then I get carried away and can name a dozen more old and new.
    Dienekes likes this.

Explorer ii white.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast